Purchase Ledger Clerk
Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world. Enterprise Flex-E-Rent provides a flexible rental solution to long term customers throughout the UK and are excited to announce an opening for an Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our Accounting team at our Flex-E-Rent Head Office in Shrewsbury.
The successful candidate will be responsible for scanning, registering and posting all supplier invoices. Reconciling supplier statements and ensuring suppliers are paid within appropriate time scales and within relevant payment terms. Our accounts team is expanding in-line with the business needs and this is a full time role working Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 17:00pm. This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to start their career in finance and progress within the department. Flexible working may also be considered for this role.
- Scan and register invoices.
- Ensure all invoices are received, approved and processed.
- Match invoices/credits to purchase orders.
- Follow up disputed invoices with suppliers and ensure disputes are resolved in the best interests of Enterprise Flex-E-Rent.
- Ensure payments are made to suppliers only after obtaining correct authorisation.
- Ensure all outstanding invoices are processed before purchase ledger close down dates.
- Opening of supplier accounts.
- Ensuring that the supplier accounts held on our system are updated correctly and all bank details, company names and addresses are current.
- Make BACs payments to suppliers.
- Check and reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis.
- File statements.
- Process staff expenses.
- Process petty cash.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly energetic, highly motivated, and detail orientated
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- A commitment to enforce the company’s Business Ethics program and uphold high ethics standards
- A full UK driving licence is preferred but not essential
- Computer literate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred but not essential
- Good telephone manner