European Legal Counsel - German Speaker
Add an annual turnover of $24.1 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise Holdings’ European Headquarters near London, England has an immediate opening for a corporate legal counsel to support our European operations, with a principal focus on its business needs in Germany. The candidate will report to the Vice President & Head of Legal - Europe located in the UK and become a member of the Corporate Legal Department headquartered in Saint Louis, Missouri, USA.
A major responsibility of the position is to ensure the competent and timely provision of legal services across a broad range of activities, including commercial transactions, general corporate, competition, marketing, consumer, regulatory, and dispute resolution.
- Manage and assist his/her clients with resolving all legal issues pertaining to various corporate, transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters in a manner consistent with the company’s business philosophy and strategy and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Review, draft, and negotiate contracts to which the company is a party and ensure that they properly protect Enterprise’s interests and objectives;
- Review sponsorships, contests, and promotional programs;
- Provide management and operating personnel timely and accurate interpretations of the various laws and regulations affecting Enterprise’s business, particularly in Germany, and keep them apprised of the types of action that require legal consideration;
- Provide ongoing strategic planning, guidance and consultation regarding risks and potential and actual disputes;
- Provide compliance training;
- Effectively navigate a decentralized organization; and
- Manage outside counsel within areas of responsibility and consistent with company norms.
- Legal experience in a business law firm or in a corporate law department with a proven record of professional excellence and achievement;
- Law degree from an accredited, recognized law school and qualification to practice in Germany
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
- Must be able to work in the UK;
- Proficiency in German and English; and
- Willingness to travel within Europe
- Legal training and experience in both common law and civil law
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Superior oral and written legal and business communication skills in English and German;
- High level of attention to detail and process, including excellent drafting skills;
- Effective team player and natural collaborator;
- High level of professionalism and integrity, uncompromising ethical standards; and
- Able to perform effectively and manage competing priorities with minimum supervision.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 45 per week
Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB. Travel to our Germany operations as and when required.