Heathrow Airport - Customer Service Apprenticeship
Do you want to join the largest car rental company in the world and earn while you learn?
Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We are seeking hard working and motivated apprentices to join our Heathrow Airport rental team.
If you are enthusiastic, eager to learn and a great communicator this could be the opportunity for you. You will be provided with all the training and support you’ll need to make a difference, be a success and forge a future career within our global business.
You will undertake a Diploma in Business Administration (Level 2/3) during this one year opportunity. We are a company that really does reward hard work and if you perform within this period you will have the opportunity to interview for a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship.
For more information, check out Vanessa's Story and lots of other great stories on our website to see why apprenticeships with Enterprise are the place to be!
Salary - £13,500 per annum, paid monthly
Hours - 40 hours per week on a flexible shift system including weekends and holidays; morning shifts starting from 5am and evening shifts ending at 12am.
Location - Heathrow Airport rental branch
Apprenticeship Level - Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duration - 12-18 months
Benefits - Fun & friendly working environment, winning wardrobe vouchers at discounted rates..and many more!
Responsibilities for this role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Make eye contact and greet all customers in a friendly and timely manner; identify and attend to customer by name, verify rental agreement and reservation, thank each customer at the conclusion of their transaction.
- Answer customer questions and provide assistance based on each customer's needs and requests; this job responsibility requires keen understanding of the differences between products and services offered.
- Prepare Rental Agreement with all required information. Offer all customers assistance with directions, maps, local area information and appropriate service information.
- Understand and communicate rental terms and conditions, vehicle features and other services.
- Offer optional protection products, upgrades, fuel options and other additional equipment.
- Ensure a pleasant, smooth and efficient handling of the rental for each customer by assisting in the exchange or return vehicle processes; assess vehicle condition, and review rental parameters with all customers to ensure a complete. understanding of rates and service charges, verify return date and time on the rental agreement is accurate and reviews all charges at the time of vehicle return.
- Notify Management of any known vehicle problems and any required vehicle maintenance.
- Answer telephone in a friendly, helpful and prompt manner.
- Work on behalf of the customer and the company to resolve issues in a fair and equitable manner to ensure continued customer loyalty.
- Maintain appearance of rental counters and customer areas to present a neat, orderly and safe condition; ensure counter is stocked with appropriate supplies to provide smooth and effective counter service.
- Assist customers within the queue to minimise any wait time and provide the most efficient service possible.
- Perform various administrative functions such as: research and billing support tasks, accounts receivables, transfer and key logs, run miscellaneous reports, supply maintenance, process customer billing.
- Perform miscellaneous and backup duties job-related duties as assigned.
- Work as part of a team.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Self-motivated with a desire to progress within a team orientated environment
- Excellent communication skills and confident telephone manner
- Customer focused
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good attendance and punctuality record
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at grade C or above is desirable but not essential
- Regardless of your socio-economic and educational background, Enterprise will always look at how you perform against our competencies and will judge you on that alone.
- Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in our recruitment process.
Please note that due to the nature of the role, successful applicants will require a security check which involves Financial Probity and Basic Criminality. If successful at interview you will need a valid passport in your current name and proof of address dated inside the last 3 months.