Senior Accounts Assistant / Accountant
Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of more than 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work since its inception and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.
ARMS Business Services has an immediate opening for a Senior Accounts Assistant / Accountant to join the Business Management team in Aldershot, Hampshire. The role will provide an excellent opportunity to build on your Accounting and Business Management experience and to gain exposure to various business lines Enterprise Rent a Car has to offer.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to ensure accurate financial reporting and compliance with all company policies and support all key initiatives of each business. We are looking for somebody with an inquisitive mind, looking for opportunities to help drive the overall business forward with a willingness to ‘think outside the box’ and question current business practices.
The role will include a comprehensive training programme and study support towards completing professional studies (after completion of 90-day probationary period).
- Review and approval of sales ledger journal entries
- Administrative support in terms of billing corrections and adjustments
- Assisting the financial statement preparer in producing monthly management accounts
- Assisting the accounts payable function by taking ownership of a number of suppliers, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding them in accordance with our chart of accounts and processing for payment
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Prepare financial entries and monthly account schedules
- Monthly preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet schedules
- Preparing and submitting Ledger Journal entries
- Review timely completion of internal controls and processes on a daily basis
- Review and analyse monthly statements to ensure their integrity and accuracy
- Work with other departments to understand and support our business as a whole
- Excellent problem solving, communication & time management skills
- Detail orientation and strong work ethic
- Ability to meet deadlines and think independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and willingness to question current practices
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships at all levels
- Solid PC skills, Microsoft Word and Excel at a minimum (Knowledge of Access a plus)
- Accounting experience
- Please note that due to the nature of the role, successful applicants will require the ability to pass a security check which involves Financial Probity and Basic Criminality
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
- Hours: 40 Hours a week
- Location: Aldershot, GU11 1EJ