Add an annual turnover of $22.3 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for ten consecutive years and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an immediate Accounting Coordinator opportunity based at our head office in Staines. This is a management accountant role where you are actively involved in providing support through reports, and cost saving initiatives. The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience or education, excellent computer skills (particularly experience of Microsoft Office) in addition to excellent attention to detail and working to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be placed onto the Business Management development scheme, intended to give detailed exposure to our financial statement & business practices, in order to develop employees for future leadership roles within the team. This role comes with study support in CIMA, ACCA, AAT or ICAEW.
Position Based: Staines in Surrey
Type of role: Permanent
Pay: 23,000 - 25,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours/week
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a financial consultant to rental managers by providing support, reporting data, coming up with cost-saving initiatives, A/R cleanup procedures and financial statements
- Review timely completion of internal controls and processes on a daily basis
- Participate in branch audits
- Review and analyse monthly statements to ensure their integrity and accuracy
- Prepare financial entries and monthly account schedules
- Work with other departments to understand and support our business as a whole
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to work successfully with branches and other departments to meet deadlines, achieve goals and lower break-even
- A firm understanding of the impact that Business Management has on the business as a whole
- An ability to work to strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Previous accounting experience or a degree in accounting or accounting related discipline
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office
- Legally authorised to work in the UK without restriction