Senior LCV Automotive Technician - Rugby
Whether a customer needs one vehicle, one hundred or even one thousand, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent pride ourselves on building business partnerships by providing exceptional customer service. We operate the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 45,000 vehicles; from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
Enterprise promote a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent is a division of Enterprise Rent a Car that provides a flexible rental solution to long term customers throughout the UK and we are currently looking to recruit a Senior LCV Automotive Technicianto cover specific areas within Coventry.
The Senior Automotive Technician will have the following objectives:
Team Leader in managing efficient operation of shift.
Complete efficient daily handover from Workshop Manager.
Maintain consistent high quality standards of workmanship, health and safety.
Inspect, maintain and repair vehicles for Customers and Hire Fleet.
Ensure all service and maintenance paperwork is completed to VOSA standards in a timely manner.
• Responsibility for leading team and managing assistant to Workshop Manager.
• Maintain efficient day to day operation of the shift
• Manage a small team of people and lead by example.
• Mentor, encourage, organise and motivate others.
• Maintain and establish a safe, secure and compliant working environment.
• Load Job Sheets onto system, schedule workload, issue jobs to Technicians, assist with Parts.
• Carry out Quality Control assessments.
• Identify training needs, health and safety concerns and bring them to the attention of Workshop Manager or AMM
• Ensure the safety of all personnel and security of premises under your control.
• Uphold and instil into staff Core Values, focusing on Customer Care with a professional approach to Customers, Suppliers and colleagues.
• Be aware of key responsibilities of staff under your control and enforce systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
LCV Vehicle Technician Duties:
• Carry out vehicle inspection examinations in line with VOSA procedure and Company policy.
• Test and check that systems and components are safe, secure and working properly.
• Diagnose faults by isolating systems or components that may have caused or potentially cause a problem.
• Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
• Gain authorisation to repair or fit parts as required by Company Procedure.
• Maintain efficiency and accuracy while working.
• Test drive vehicles where permitted and correct driving license is held.
• Use various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
• Use power tools, machine tools and equipment as and when required and safe to do so, for the task for which it was designed and return to correct place of storage after use.
• Use common hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
• Use Personal Protective Equipment as and when required securing the safety of yourself and all personnel.
• Record work carried out on paperwork and computer systems accordingly and accurately as you go, submitting paperwork to the Workshop Manager at the end of each day.
• Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Work safely in accordance with Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Use clean as you go practices ensuring working areas and walkways are clean and tidy.
• Protect and secure vehicles, buildings and property by following Company procedures using safe and secure practices.
• Demonstrate a duty of care by reporting any health and safety concerns to Workshop Manager immediately upon recognition of potential hazard.
• Complete jobs in full before the end of your shift or carry out job handover as required ensuring the vehicle is left in a safe condition with necessary safety signage present.
• Maintain a degree of flexibility while working in order to provide adequate cover to serve customer and workshop requirements.
Leadership and managerial skills
Good communicator and listener
Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
LCV vehicle and Municipal vehicle maintenance experience
Electrical and hydraulic systems knowledge
Diagnostic and problem solving skills
Good reading and computer literacy
High level of Health and Safety awareness
NVQ level 3 or equivalent
This Job Description is not exhaustive, employees may be required to carry out such other duties in addition to the tasks outlined above as and when requested.