Lead Automotive Technician - Edinburgh Airport
Whether a customer needs one vehicle, one hundred or even one thousand, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent pride ourselves on building business partnerships by providing exceptional customer service. We operate the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 45,000 vehicles; from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
Enterprise promote a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent are excited to announce the opening for a Lead Automotive Technician to join our team in Edinburgh Airport. The Lead Auto Tech's role is to ensure the correct operation, and safe and cost efficient running of the workshop through proactive management of staff, resources and stock.
The successful candidate will also oversee the day to day management of staff and the appraisal system, assigning work to engineers and authorising repairs in the workshop. Other responsibilities include: To ensure all records are completed correctly to Enterprise requirements and carrying out regular audits and quality assurance briefings to ensure uniform standards and quality of work. Control and purchase of stock for the workshop ensuring all purchases and returns paperwork is correct, up to date and forwarded correctly. Workshop Health and Safety, providing a safe working environment within the workshop, carrying out and documenting risk assessments, completing safe systems of work and ensuring compliance by all staff, visitors and contractors.
The Key Accountabilities for this role are as follows:
- Maintaining workshop productivity at or above Enterprise Flex-R-rent requirements. This will include effective liaison with Fleet Control function.
- Supervision of workshop technicians pro-actively carrying out Appraisal requirements, training and competent person assessments. Internal Quality Assurance.
- Scheduling, authorising and monitoring of staff holidays, attendance and overtime.
- Ensuring all work carried out is in accordance with Enterprise Flex-E-Rent Health and Safety policy, Risk assessments, SSOW, manual handling, and COSHH assessments.
- Ensuring workshop compliance with Enterprise Flex-E-Rent environmental policies
- Achieve and maintain Enterprise flex-e-rent Competent Person status for self and staff through training and monitoring of technicians
- Scheduling agreed training requirements/updates via Fleet Services Engineer.
- Ensuring good housekeeping within the Workshop, vehicles and work areas at all times.
- Supervision of work on vehicles in workshop charge
- Supervise and carry out services and preventative maintenance inspections to the highest standard ensuring all vehicles are operating safely, are compliant with legislation and road tested prior to confirming work is complete.
- Direct and carry out diagnosis of vehicle and ancillary item faults and compile estimates where necessary.
- Supervise and carry out repairs of vehicle and ancillary items in line with company procedures.
- Supervise and prepare all vehicles to the highest standard for MOT presentation to achieve a first time pass
- When requested and where appropriate be prepared to schedule/work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, inspections, repairs, etc.
- Ensuring the completion of all associated paperwork accurately as per Enterprise Flex-E-Rent Policy
- Manage stock levels with the parts supervisor ensuring delivery and returns note information is completed in accordance with Enterprise Flex-E-Rent requirements.
- Manage In House Warranty/Manufacturer training
- EV repairs
- Must have a full UK driving Licence (Cat C) and be willing to travel as part of the role.
- Must hold a NVQ level 3 in Engineering for motor vehicle maintenance and/or City & Guilds level 2 in motor vehicle
- EV qualifications desirable but not essential - training will be given
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- The ability to read and analyse data
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel.