Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Add an annual turnover of $24.1 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for thirteen consecutive years and have been honoured with the many other awards along the way.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Contracts Solicitor to support our UK and European operations based at our European Corporate Office in Egham, Surrey. The candidate will be a member of the Legal & Contracts Department in the UK and will provide contract review, drafting, and negotiation support to Enterprise’s UK and European operations.
The position will involve a large amount of multi-tasking and will require the successful candidate to be able to work to strict deadlines. This is a fantastic role for a high calibre candidate looking to join an extremely driven and dynamic department.
- Assume lead role in negotiating, drafting, editing, reviewing and interpreting various types of commercial documents, including contracts, purchase agreements, amendments, solicitations and other legal documents related to all Enterprise Holdings’ channels and products and providing sound legal advice and direction to minimize business risks and support the business teams
- Effectively assess business needs/requirements and determine the appropriate documentation necessary to meet business needs/requirements, mitigate potential risks/issues and ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies
- Provide risk assessment related to terms and conditions of agreements
- Research various issues and draft memoranda with findings and recommendations
- Clearly communicate or present (in writing or orally) risks & benefits of negotiating options and contractual provisions to business clients
- Collaborate to ensure consistency among company standards and contract terms
- Develop play books and training materials
- Recognize key issues requiring elevation to senior Legal Department personnel
- Manage outside counsel in area of responsibility
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and bring a wide degree of creativity and sound business judgment
- Manage a broad range of contract types
- Provide ongoing strategic planning, guidance and consultation regarding master contracts and potential and actual customer and supplier disputes
- Monitor, track and report on industry-related topics affecting applicable contractual relationships
- Conduct research and keep abreast of laws that could impact applicable contracts and use this information to make appropriate adjustments to contractual templates
- Assist in preparation of bid documents for submission
- Effectively maintain and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Qualification as a UK solicitor, with significant experience (during a training contract and/or afterwards) of commercial law and the drafting, review and negotiation of contracts.
- Fluent in English with UK work experience
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office products required (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
- Training or experience in a civil law jurisdiction is a significant plus
- Language skills in another main European language
Competency Based Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Natural and effective collaborator, with the ability to influence and guide even without direct authority
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks/matters simultaneously
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team and agility and judgment to effectively balance multiple requests and competing priorities
- Complete knowledge and understanding of company’s principles, policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to apply experience-based knowledge and leadership skills toward organizational goals, and become a valued member of the business team
- Initiative, requiring little direct supervision
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Keen attention to detail
- Agility in adapting to change