We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic communications professional to join our European communications team to promote and protect Enterprise Holdings’ reputation and support overall business growth. This individual will support external communications efforts in Europe, working with other communications professionals to develop and execute communication strategies/campaigns to effectively tell our story as the world’s leading mobility provider. This role with have a key focus on supporting our corporate operations in Germany and Spain.
- Oversee the development and delivery of high impact communications strategies to inform and engage key audiences, ensuring messages and programmes are consistent with overall company business goals, objectives and values.
- Support European media relations strategy, including media targeting and relationship building, proactive pitch efforts and spokespeople development to facilitate corporate and brand publicity.
- Manage, research and respond to media queries on a timely basis. Serve as corporate spokesperson on key company topics as needed.
- Build strong relationships with senior level executives (i.e. Country Heads, Operations, Sales, Public Affairs) to offer strategic counsel and deliver effective communications strategies in support of key business priorities.
- Develop executive presentations, case studies, white papers, videos and other creative assets as needed to support communications strategy.
- Ensure consistency of key messages across communication channels and connectivity to global editorial efforts.
- Be an integral part of the global communications team, providing input to define, refine and measure impact of communication strategies. Be a collaborative, reliable team member, stepping in to support team initiatives as needed.
- Establish and manage strong relationships with network of key external public relations agencies.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker with exceptional leadership skills, analytical capabilities, and proven success in developing and executing impactful communications strategies. The successful candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to influence and build strong relationships across a matrixed and complex business structure. Candidates should also have ability to stay calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
The Communications Manager will play a central role on the European communications team and as part of the global communications team headquartered in St. Louis, as well as have close collaboration with key functional and operational teams in Europe.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree.
- Related communications experience.
- Experienced at delivering high-impact communications campaigns gained either in house at a large multi-national business or at a PR agency.
- Media relations experience.
- Confident communicator with ability to counsel and influence.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment, with agency-management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain proprietary/confidential information and act with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects and tasks in a timely, efficient manner.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Team oriented.
- Flexibility to adapt to change.
- A knowledge of the following languages and/or cultures would be beneficial, but not essential - German and Spanish.