Corporate HR - 12 Month Placement / Internship
Add an annual turnover of $26 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across over 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s internships give you the chance to get ahead in the job market - but don’t just take our word for it; our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the National Undergraduate Employability Awards twice. It’s learning by doing, not by getting coffee all day. From winning regular awards to being a Top 50 Place for Women to Work for 14 years running, it’s no surprise that we were also voted the Graduate Employer of the Year in 2013 and 2016.
We are very excited to announce the opening for a Corporate HR Intern. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self-driven and motivated student looking to learn more about the HR strategies for an industry-leading global company.
The role is based at Enterprise Holdings' European Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
- Work directly with the UK and Ireland Human Resources Director and the Talent Acquisition Director to implement HR strategy
- Contribute to Talent Acquisition duties including careers fairs, phone screens and assessment centres
- Handle administration and queries for our UK Human Resources team
- Organise, plan and attend national diversity team meetings and other human resources/ talent meetings
- Support the Human Resources Director with wide ranging diversity award submissions
- Assist with the development of BAME, LGBT, Disability, gender equality and other diversity initiatives
- Analysis on application and recruitment statistics
- Project manage and provide administrative support for employee communications; including handbooks, policy documents and employee contracts
- Plan and manage one-off student events as well as project managing long term initiatives
- You must be a current undergraduate university student looking to undertake a placement year as part of your course (any discipline)
- Confident with Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong time management ability
- Persuasive and influential
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail
- Team player who can work well within a team as well as on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Please do let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process; contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Frankie Donald.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: £8.23pm per hour
We accept applications for our Placement Programme from undergraduate university students that are due to take undertake a placement year starting summer 2020, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our assessment is based on how you perform against the competencies that are required for your role.
How to apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. But it’s not all about us; we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies in you that we look for in our placement students.
If your application is successful one of our Recruitment team will be in contact to arrange a competency-based telephone interview.
Finally, you will be invited to attend a face to face interview with the HR and TA Directors.