Enterprise Architect - IT Europe
Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s Information Technology provides powerful solutions and systems to support our world-wide business operation. Our talented workforce delivers the tools necessary to meet the demands of our customers and our business. Our platforms and strategic business focus helps drive our growth and enhance our level of customer service. Our relationship with our business is hands on and offers our workforce the opportunity to apply some of the latest technology in the market.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is excited to announce an immediate opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect, focused on Infrastructure. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for helping set global strategic direction through analysing and translating complex business requirements into processes, designs and solutions that balance business and technology needs.
The Enterprise Architect will lead and influence technology efforts for our European IT teams in the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, and Spain. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who can tailor messages for both executives and technical engineers. They will also be responsible for working with the global IT teams to develop technology strategies that are in line with global standards, and align European solution road maps with global IT technologies.
This is a senior technical position reporting to the Director of European Infrastructure, and will be based at our European Headquarters in Egham, Surrey, UK.
- Lead and or participate in the research, evaluation, selection, design, delivery and maintenance of systems focused on the following areas: Cloud, Virtualization, Network, Storage, Platform management, Desktop, Printing, Payment, Voice and other retail branch technologies.
- Participate in architecture reviews and or audits of EU solutions and as a member of the global Enterprise Architect community.
- Define and maintain documentation of architecture and technology standards, processes, and policies related to core solutions.
- Effectively integrate solutions into the existing infrastructure.
- Provide leadership and direction for technical infrastructure support; on-call support and support for escalated trouble tickets. Resolve implementation issues, and resolve system integration issues.
- Define and document target architectures, anticipating growth and scalability.
- Use KPIs and effectiveness metrics to improve processes; bridge different areas of the infrastructure.
- Work closely between infrastructure and application development teams to understand broad IT solution needs.
- Assess emerging technologies relevant to global, regional, and local business needs.
- Establish and vet key vendor relationships, give advice on investments regarding price versus performance.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuance.
- Anticipate skill and resource needs and effectively build plans to balance these across multiple teams.
- Develop new approaches/solutions to complex design problems
- Extensive experience in IT infrastructure; Networking, Servers, Endpoints.
- Extensive experience working with leadership within a complex multi-national business environment.
- Experience with flexibility and agility related to critical thinking, and making decisions with complex considerations.
- Exceptional communications skills both oral and written with the ability to effectively convey complex information in a manner that is easily understood.
- Highly organised, capable of identifying needed work, and prioritising own work accordingly.
- Experience leading within a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in acquisition integration activities.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to create a strong partnership atmosphere.
Qualified Candidates must also have the following skills/competencies:
- Highly experienced in leveraging external knowledge and research tools.
- Experience in technology lifecycle management.
- Experience controlling cost and using effective measures to reduce expense.
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring technical staff.
- European language skills a significant plus
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
- Hours: 45 per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.