European Legal Counsel - French Speaker
Enterprise Holdings has an exciting opportunity for the position of European Counsel. We are seekingan In-House Lawyer to support our global business operations, with the chance to lead the legal services in support of fast-paced commercial sales efforts in France and join our global collaborative legal teams supporting other Company initiatives around the world. This position will be based at our European Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey, near London (with flexibility to work remotely on occasion). The successful candidate will be a member of the worldwide Legal Group based in Egham and Saint Louis, Missouri. We deliver our legal services through a highly matrixed, cross-departmental functional teams focused on particular specialisms, including Commercial Sales, Procurement, Real Estate, Marketing, Intellectual Property, Technology/SaaS/PaaS agreements, Data Protection (connected vehicles), M&A, Litigation, Electrification and new technology (etc.). The successful candidate should have experience in multiple specialisms and will collaborate with colleagues, in their areas of expertise, working on projects globally as part of these cross-departmental functional teams.
This is a fantastic role for a candidate looking to join a driven and dynamic team and develop their career in an industry-leading in-house legal function. With the convergence of mobility solutions, the advent of internet-connected vehicles and roll-out of alternative fuelled and electric vehicles, the next 5 years promises to re-write the landscape in traditional vehicle mobility. As the industry evolves, we’ll be embracing new types of business that will require lawyers who are comfortable learning and advising on new areas and coming up with creative solutions to the issues of the day. We’re looking for a lawyer that can think through problems, navigate the legal and regulatory environment and find ways to facilitate all this change. The selected individual must be collaborative, creative, efficient, personable and results-oriented – with outstanding oral and written communication abilities and the ability to work seamlessly in a fast-paced, team environment.
We’re a global business that covers 90 countries and boasts a fleet of more than 1.7 million vehicles. For our 100,000 colleagues, this means going the extra mile to keep everything running smoothly every day. Something you might not know is that we’re a family-run business, meaning people are at the heart of how we think and what we do. As a part of that people-focused approach, we’re also doing more for diversity, which is why we’re proud to say that we’ve been awarded Top Employer for Women 16 years in a row!
- Partner with internal stakeholders and other business partners on continual process improvements and guidelines
- Assume lead role in structuring, drafting, reviewing, and negotiating business-critical contracts and ensuring
- Clearly communicate or present (in writing or verbally) and advise decision makers on the risks and benefits of negotiating options and contractual provisions
- Create and update procurement templates and clause libraries to meet evolving business objectives, minimize friction and protect Enterprise Holdings’ interests
- Provide legal advice to the Operating Group in France supporting commercial sales efforts and collaborate with colleagues, in their areas of expertise, for other legal matters impacting our operations in France.
- Provide Pan-European legal advice to our other European operating groups in the UK, Ireland, Germany, and Spain.
- Participate in other cross-departmental functional teams such as Procurement, Real Estate, Marketing, Intellectual Property, Technology/SaaS/PaaS agreements, Data Protection (connected vehicles), M&A, Litigation, and Electrification.
- Manage and assist clients with resolving all legal issues pertaining to various corporate, transactional, and regulatory matters in a manner consistent with Enterprise Holdings’ business philosophy and strategy, and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Provide ongoing strategic planning, guidance and consultation regarding potential and actual disputes
- Qualification as a lawyer in the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, U.S., or UK. Qualification as a lawyer in France (or demonstrated extensive experience in this jurisdiction) is a plus.
- Language fluency in French is a requirement.
- Preferably some experience in UK-centric projects or willingness to learn
- Five or more years of relevant experience in a business law firm or in a corporate law department with a proven record of professional excellence and achievement
- Significant transactional law experience, including drafting and negotiating complex contracts under French law
Competency Based Qualifications:
- High level of professionalism and integrity; strong ethical standards
- Collaborative skills set and work ethic
- An understanding and sensitivity to maintaining confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team and agility and judgment to balance multiple requests and competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing & drafting skills
- High level of attention to detail and process
- Effective team player
- Proven leadership skills
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 45 per week
Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB. Travel to our French operations as and when required.