External Reporting Senior Accountant
With an annual turnover of $24 billion and a rental and leasing fleet of over two million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide, Enterprise Holdings – owner and operator of Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental – is a company that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We are currently looking for a External Reporting Senior Accountant to join the team based at our European Corporate Headquarters in Egham, Surrey. This role will play a vital part within the European External Reporting and Tax department supporting a strong framework of compliance and accuracy in our financial accounting, statutory reporting and tax compliance environment.
The successful candidate will build effective relationships with our internal business partners in St Louis head office and in local regional admin offices. They will also be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with external partners.
The primary duty of the role will be to apply technical accounting knowledge and professional judgement to deal successfully with tax authorities, external auditors, and government bodies, and ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and tax law.
- Work with our external auditors and internal department managers to provide documentation for audit samples and respond to auditor questions.
- Assist in the gathering and preparation of non-financial information reporting in UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain.
- Prepare consolidated reporting for review of the Indirect tax and VAT returns on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Office of National Statistics (ONS) returns and other ad-hoc compliance reporting.
- Work with external advisors, corporate departments and business management teams to ensure compliance.
- Prepare annual financial statements and other reports necessary for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and debt covenant requirements
- Participate in the preparation of statutory disclosure notes for management discussion and analysis; review and analyse statement variances
- Prepare annual statutory financial statements for international subsidiaries
- Work on special projects (including acquisitions and subsidiary integrations) as needed
- Communicate financial data to department managers, upper management, and employees from other departments
- Assist global head office with quarterly statement close review process and board-level reporting and auditing.
- Drafting and reviewing local internal tax policies and integrating these into global accounting policies where required.
- Fully qualified accountant with a minimum of 1 year post qualification experience
- Previous experience in accounting practice (audit & assurance role) is strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a financial accounting and statutory reporting role in industry is a big plus, but not essential
- Demonstrable hands-on experience of managing an external audit process and HMRC tax audits is a plus
- Knowledge of FRS 102, USGAAP and IFRS accounting standards would also be advantageous
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Competency Based Qualifications:
- High attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication both verbal and written
- Comfortable working independently or in a team
- Strong leadership with the ability to influence others when change needs to be made
- Working with sensitive information within a closed environment