Facilities Design Specialist
We’re a global business that covers 90 countries and boasts a fleet of more than 1.7 million vehicles. For our 100,000 colleagues, this means going the extra mile to keep everything running smoothly every day. Something you might not know is that we’re a family-run business, meaning people are at the heart of how we think and what we do. As a part of that people-focused approach, we’re also doing more for diversity, which is why we’re proud to say that we’ve been awarded Top Employer for Women 16 years in a row!
The Property Development and Facilities team has an exciting opportunity for a Design Specialist!
Our Property Development and Facilities Team throughout Europe need to Locate, Negotiate, Design, Construct and Maintain the best facilities that are fit for purpose both for now and our anticipated future.
Once potential sites are identified by our local teams, this role will support initial test fit considerations, provide oversight to our existing Architectural partners to ensure our best designs and develop tools and processes to support our PDF team throughout Europe.
Oversight of all interior and exterior designs across the EU
- Develop and execute EU Design Standards across all business lines in line with local regulations
- Minimum Building standards – create guidance to ensure consistent ‘fit for purpose’ facility delivery
- Design models – establish best practice design and layout options across all business lines
- Create and maintain a library of CAD templates, blocks and standards
- Provide specialist advice, system support and guidance
- Test Fits – taking a potential site and confirming that the site can fulfil our business needs
- Evaluate layout proposals from 3rd party partners and ensure the best outcome is achieved
- Primary resource for 3rd party design and planning contact and support
- Regulatory compliance – provide support and best practice to achieve the best possible outcome from local, national and EU level authorities i.e. planning, building regulation and legislation developments
- Training & Development of PDF team design capability i.e. CAD training, design considerations
- A RIBA Associate Member - Part 2 qualified – Diploma or BArch or equivalent
- Proficient in AutoCAD. Experience of Revit would be useful
- Extensive knowledge of construction detailing and methodology
- Design experience in Retail and/or Automotive industries
- Presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Able to handle multiple design projects under tight timelines across multiple countries
- Task and detail oriented with strong focus on collaboration both internally and externally
- Second language in French, German and/or Spanish would be useful
- Working With a Team
- Problem Solving
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 40 per week
Location: Enterprise House, Vicarage Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB. Egham has great transportation links to other areas in London, Berkshire and Surrey.