Finance Placement / Internship (12 months)
Add an annual turnover of $26 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s internships give you the chance to get ahead in the job market - but don’t just take our word for it; our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the National Undergraduate Employability awards. It’s learning by doing, not by getting coffee all day.
We are very excited to announce the opening for a Finance intern to sit within our Finance Department. This internship is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to work in a business finance role. Our finance team are key players in the organisation. They oversee all aspects of financial management and provide an important bridge between the marketing and operational aspects of the business.
You'll start out working as an assistant accountant. This role will give you exposure to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement preparation and analysis. You'll also work closely with our sales and marketing, procurement and HR teams (among others) on issues such as customer service, growth strategies and profitability.
This opportunity is based at Enterprise Holdings European Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
- Review and approval of journal entries from debtors listings
- Administrative support in terms of billing corrections and adjustments.
- Assisting the credit control function in identifying and managing exposure to bad debts.
- Assisting the financial statement preparer in producing monthly management accounts.
- Assisting the accounts payable function by taking ownership of a number of suppliers, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding them in accordance with our chart of accounts and processing them for payment.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Monthly preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet schedules
- Monthly bank reconciliation
- Preparing and submitting Journal entries
- Various ad-hoc projects
- Must be a current undergraduate university student looking to undertake a placement year as part of your course (any discipline)
- Must have a strong work ethic and can-do approach to problem solving
- Strong belief in the team ethic
- Customer Service experience
- Strong research and analytical skills are a must
- Excellent telephone and general communication skills are essential
- Previous working experience within an accounts department - advantageous but not essential
Please do let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process; contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Georgina Crockford.
- Application Deadline: 20th December 2019 (this is subject to change, early applications are encouraged)
- Interview Date: 15th January 2020, Egham, Surrey. (This date is fixed)
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: £17,100.00 per annum
- Duration: The internship will run from the August 2020 to the August 2021
We accept applications for our Placement Programme from undergraduate university students that are due to undertake a placement year starting summer 2020, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our assessment is based on how you perform against the competencies that are required for your role.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. But it’s not all about us; we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies in you that we look for in our placement students.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.