Head of Government & Public Affairs - Europe
Add an annual turnover of $24 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across over 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Holdings – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
We are excited to announce an opening for Head of Government & Public Affairs - Europe. This brand new position will support all Enterprise Holdings groups and business lines operating in our corporately owned countries in Europe.
The primary focus will be to take responsibility for the coordination of advocacy efforts, and to develop and maintain relationships with officials, in the European Union institutions. In this role you will lead analysis of proposed legislative actions, determine the potential impact on the organisation and develop appropriate responses. You will monitor legislative and regulatory activities and promote company market position. In this position you will also assist our operations at country level across Europe including supporting operating groups with training, strategy development and direct advocacy on global issues.
This role reports directly to the AVP of Government & Public Affairs and will liaise with all levels of management including our senior leadership team to understand the key objectives for the company.
To succeed in this role you must have extensive experience in government relations and public affairs and have an exceptional aptitude to master policy areas that directly, and indirectly, impact Enterprise Holdings’ business interests across all business lines throughout Europe.
This role will be based in Brussels but does does include travel: UK - 3/4 days per month |European Corporate Countries - 2/3 days per quarter | Travel to US Global Headquarters as needed.
- Review and summarise policy for potential impact
- Communicate significant policy actions to appropriate levels of management for coordinating responses
- Assist in the development of strategies, and implement those strategies, to address such policy actions
- Analyse proposed policy actions as to their actual or prospective impact on the mobility services industry and guide the development of company positions
- Analyse policy trends to recommend company positions on future policy impacts
- Assist in formulating, and effectively communicate, company positions on issues to appropriate stakeholders
- Establish and maintain effective networks and coalitions with key stakeholders in EU institutions
- Interact directly with officials at all levels of EU institutions
- Maintain files of EU institution policy activities
- Manage the ongoing activities of our EU consultancy and assist operating groups in managing country-level consultants
- Cultivate relationships and maintain communications with key, diverse stakeholders throughout Brussels that support to the Enterprise Holdings agenda, including representing Enterprise at events, conferences, panels, etc…
- Develop and implement strategies to increase awareness and recognition of Enterprise Holdings as a responsible corporate leader across Europe
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Policy / Government or a related field preferred
- Extensive experience in Government relations, political or public relations
- Direct experience working with European Union institutions
- Direct or indirect experience dealing with car rental, automotive, sharing economy or property and casualty insurance industries, preferred
- Direct or indirect experience working with the following Directorate Generals: DG MOVE, DG CONNECT, DG GROW, DG COMP, preferred
- Multi-lingual (especially English / French / German / Spanish), preferred
- Ability to concisely communicate complex issues both verbally and in writing
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal oversight
- Reliability in providing quality, accurate work product
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Ability to prioritise commitments to achieve maximum results
- Driven and self-motivated to achieve goals and objectives
- Supportive of diversity and contributes to an inclusive work environment
Hours: 45 per week
Location: Remote (However you will be required to reside in Brussels)