In-House Commercial Lawyer
Are you a NQ to PQ+2 solicitor? Why not start your career at Enterprise Holdings, Inc.? We’re a global business that covers 90 countries and boasts a fleet of more than 1.7 million vehicles. For our 100,000 colleagues, this means going the extra mile to keep everything running smoothly every day. Something you might not know is that we’re a family-run business, meaning people are at the heart of how we think and what we do. As a part of that people-focused approach, we’re also doing more for diversity, which is why we’re proud to say that we’ve been awarded Top Employer for Women 16 years in a row!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an NQ to PQ+2 Solicitor to support our global business operations and commercial sales efforts by joining our global collaborative legal team. This position will be based at our European Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey, near London (with flexibility to work remotely on occasion). The successful candidate will be a member of the worldwide Legal Group based in Egham and Saint Louis, Missouri. We deliver our legal services through a highly matrixed, cross-departmental functional teams focused on particular specialisms, including Commercial Sales, Procurement, Real Estate, Marketing, Intellectual Property, Technology/SaaS/PaaS agreements,Data Protection (connected vehicles), M&A, Litigation, Electrification and new technology.
This is a fantastic role for a candidate looking to join a driven and dynamic team and develop their career in an industry-leading in-house legal function. With the convergence of mobility solutions, the advent of internet-connected vehicles and roll-out of alternative fuelled and electric vehicles, the next 5 years promises to re-write the landscape in traditional vehicle mobility. As the industry evolves, we’ll be embracing new types of business that will require lawyers who are comfortable learning and advising on new areas and coming up with creative solutions to the issues of the day. We’re looking for a lawyer that can think through problems, navigate the legal and regulatory environment and find ways to facilitate all this change.
Our lawyers must be able to:
- Effectively maintain and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide legal advice and direction to minimize business risks and support our business teams and leadership;
- Assess our business needs/requirements, determine the appropriate course of action, mitigate potential risks/issues and ensure compliance with laws;
- Assume the lead role in negotiating and drafting a broad range of commercial contracts for customers and suppliers on third party terms;
- Research issues, draft advice and make clear recommendations;
- Collaborate with colleagues in the EU and US team to learn, support and create consistency in our legal advice;
- Develop materials to support and improve our business and the Legal Group;
- Rely on experience-based knowledge and leadership to plan and accomplish goals and bring a wide degree of creativity and sound business judgment and know when to escalate issues to senior management;
- Monitor, track and report on industry-related topics and changes in the law;
- Manage and be responsible for your own workload, take the initiative to prioritise work with stakeholders, manage tight and moving deadlines and remain calm under pressure and have the agility and judgment to effectively balance multiple requests and competing priorities;
- Be driven, have excellent attention to detail and ability to self-correct, be diligent in your responsibilities and the confidential nature of the role;
- Effectively collaborate with the ability to influence and guide and adapt to change;
- Be comfortable working independently and for the benefit of the team as a whole, volunteering where possible and coming up with initiatives to improve the team.
- Qualification as a lawyer in the UK or Ireland required with experience of commercial law and the drafting, review and negotiation of contracts;
- Fluent in English; additional language skills (Spanish, French or German) are a plus;
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook);
- Training or experience working in the UK or Ireland (experience in additional jurisdictions is a plus)
Competency Based Qualifications:
- High level of professionalism and integrity; strong ethical standards
- Collaborative skills set and work ethic
- An understanding and sensitivity to maintaining confidential information
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team and agility and judgment to balance multiple requests and competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing & drafting skills
- High level of attention to detail and process
- Effective team player
- Proven leadership skills
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 40 per week
Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB