Information Security MSc 12 Month Placement/Internship
Add an annual turnover of $26 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise’s internships give you the chance to get ahead in the job market - but don’t just take our word for it; our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the National Undergraduate Employability awards. From winning regular diversity awards to being a Top 50 Place for Women to Work for 13 years running, it’s no surprise that we were also voted the Graduate Employer of the Year last year.
We are excited to announce the position of Information Security Intern; this placement is specifically designed for MSc students. This opportunity is based at Enterprise Holdings' European Head Office in Egham, Surrey. This role has a European focus and will work with our corporately owned entities across the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, and Spain as well as liaise with our corporate Security, Privacy and Compliance teams based in Saint Louis, Missouri.
The Information Security team is responsible for safeguarding our customer’s data, and ensuring that we have the proper people, processes and technology in place to protect against both current and emerging threats. You will be working on a range of business focused areas which include but not limited to Third Party Assurance, Business Resilience,Cyber Maturity Assessments, Privacy & Records Management,Security Strategy & Transformation.
- Stay up to date on cyber security news and cyber-attack trends, while offering suggestions to keep the company environment secure
- Prepare Documentation and Reports for use by EHI internal stakeholders
- Carry risk assessments as deemed necessary by vendors and customers
- Assist the Information Security Office with day-to-day activities
- Collaborate with internal teams including Application Development, Infrastructure, IT Communication, Privacy/Data Governance and Marketing/Communications
- As assigned, participate in various Information Security projects
- Adhere to technology standards and follow documented procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and end users
- Assist with task automation and process improvement
- Investigate and resolve security threats reported by employees
- Must be a current MSc student looking to undertake an industrial placement year
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management skills and punctuality
- Ability to prioritise work and meet timelines
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
Please do let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process; contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Georgina Crockford.
- Application Deadline: 11th November 2019 (this is subject to change, early applications are wholly encouraged)
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: £22,000.00 per annum
- Duration: The internship will run from July 2020 to July 2021
- Assessment Centre: Thursday 9th January
We accept applications for our Placement Programme from university students that are due to undertake a placement year starting summer 2020, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our assessment is only based on how you perform against the competencies that are required for your role.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. But it’s not all about us; we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies in you that we look for in our placement students.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally, you will be invited to attend one of our assessment days. Through the day, you’ll tackle a number of exercises designed around life at Enterprise. Don’t worry – it’s not too formal and most of our applicants agree it’s a great platform for you to shine. It’s also a chance to meet some of the people you’ll be working with as well as our current interns.