Installation Engineer (Network Infrastructure)
You will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations. Add this to an annual turnover of $24 billion and you get Enterprise Holdings – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Our European IT Department is excited to announce an immediate opportunity for an Installation Engineer to join the team. This role is based at our European Head office based in Egham, Surrey.
The core functions of this role are to support the deployment of network and IT endpoint solutions to EHI locations as well as handling large scale project deployments. You will serve as the initial point of contact for end users for installation related procedural and technical escalations. You will be responsible for developing collaborative partnerships with stakeholders, internal and external, to implement technology solutions, as well as actively anticipate and solve problems during delivery.
This position couples strong infrastructure technical skills along with a good working knowledge of project management methods and techniques. To be successful in this role it is imperative that you are self-motivated, proactive, and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
What's in it for you? The opportunity to join a global organisation that truly supports their employees in career development, training opportunities and with some great employee benefits to boot!
- Designs, develops and modifies technology implementation processes
- Evaluates elements of the technology's effectiveness through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and makes recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness; takes appropriate steps towards resolution
- Implements, operates and maintains elements of technology in line with established processes
- Supports the design, planning, testing and implementation for deployments projects ranging from single locations to large scale
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and escalate where required
- Creates and maintains documentation for elements of technology
- Listens to and evaluates customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions that align with customer expectations
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures
- Applies fundamental knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve routine to moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Subject matter expert in own area; represents team within own department
- Cisco CCNA or equivalent preferred
- Strong understanding of IT network environments and technologies
- Proven success in project management functions: defining and executing project plans,
- Identifying resources required, establishing timelines, and monitoring assigned tasks
- Ability to identify project risk and develop mitigation plans
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously as they apply to large agile projects
- Excellent communication, documentation and analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Must be results-driven and have solid problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to be innovative and adapt to changing priorities quickly
- Possess great relationship building skills, with the ability to work independently and with teams
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
Nice to have
- Previous experience of telephony solutions deployment
- Experience of large scale multi-country deployments
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 40 per week
Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.