IT Business Analyst (Lead)
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. So we listen and give every member of our team an equal voice. It’s how we’re able to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. We offer access to the latest tools and software. The opportunity to build a unique skill set. And the flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst (Lead) to join the European Application Development team based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey. The team is a key part of our global team headed from the USA.
The booking tools team is part of a global team that provides our customers with a portfolio of applications that enables them to carry out car rentals. This role offers the chance to contribute to a growing and dynamic global software development department, delivering bespoke and customised solutions to a global user base.
This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the development of web applications using cutting edge technology such as Azure, TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, SpecFlow and SQL Server whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile software development team. The role has ample scope for growth and requires taking responsibility and ownership of a sizeable product portfolio of applications that are key to our business operations.
This position allows room for your career to grow in a number of directions, including getting involved in IT management, our corporate team or pursuing more technical career goals!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, please hit the apply button to submit your application.
- Carrying out technical analysis on databases using query language SQL
- Develop, interpret, review, validate, document, and maintain business and functional requirement
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings to define key capabilities and requirements that will enable stakeholders to define business strategy
- Evaluate business requests to determine feasibility; researches and identifies options; recommends solutions that best serve business needs
- Provide information about how requirements may affect functional design documents
- Serve as the primary interface between the business stakeholders, end users and the IT team; presents formal presentations to end users, stakeholders, and management
- Conduct structured walkthroughs of requirements with business and project team members
- May lead acceptance testing to ensure client/user needs are met
- Present information regarding enhancements and tracks and responds to questions from business and IT team members.
- Identify potential problems that may arise with new or enhanced applications; communicates how problems will affect business; recommends solutions
- Write business correspondence and technical reports; reviews report results for accuracy
- Research opportunities to minimize complexity by leveraging current IT investments and seeking out cost effective solutions.
- Participate in change management activities, including Q&A testing, troubleshooting, and investigation
- Perform task automation and implements process improvements; recommends enhancements that result in increased quality and service
- Maintain established service level agreements to manage customer expectations and quality standards; identifies opportunities for improvement
- Protect our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures; continuously identifies and recommends opportunities for improving security
- Experience working on Web applications and SOA / middleware applications
- Knowledge of industry recognised tools such as TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, Confluence, SpecFlow and SQL Server
- Working in an Agile software development team
- Understanding of how to read XML interfaces
- Possess broad knowledge of the IT environment
- Good communication skills
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Business Analysts.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.