IT Department Manager
The Information Technology division of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. (EHI) enables solutions that help drive and support the global operations of its brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. At EHI, we value our IT solutions and regard these services as critical cornerstones to our company’s success. Our European IT team continually aligns to our global IT goals and is driven by the new ways both our business and customers consume and collaborate around technology.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Department Manager within the European Application Development team that will report directly to the European IT Director. This leader will have management responsibility for overseeing the implementation of global IT initiatives in Europe and supporting the lifecycle of those initiatives as the organization evolves. This is an exciting leadership opportunity for a dynamic, high performing, transformational leader to contribute to the evolution of this area.
The IT Department Manager is responsible for working with their global counterparts to help set direction, vision, and strategic planning for development and support of the current product suites. This includes solutions directed for our global business and will primarily be focused on contributing from UK, Ireland, Germany, France and Spain.
The ideal candidate will be a very strong transformational leader with a proven track record of delivering high profile software. This position is also responsible for people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. The manager works with their leadership to develop policies, standards, and procedures across multiple areas and/or an entire IT department. In addition, this position creates a collaborative team that supports a diverse environment and directs resource planning and forecasting.
- Strong experience building and supporting application solutions
- Extensive experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Must be highly successful in the execution of projects that collaborate with various IT teams
- Must possess the ability to develop people at various levels in their career that lead to successful high-performing teams
- Must display strong leadership, team-centric skills with the ability to grow & develop employees, and solve complex problems
- Experience with secure SDLC development practices, industry proven technology stacks and continuous delivery principles
- Must possess persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to drive business partners strategically, and quickly build relationships
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present concepts to both technical and non-technical leaders
- Must possess effective analytical, problem-solving and data driven decision-making skills
- Must have resiliency in the face of changing priorities and requirements
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Experience in managing public cloud-based applications
- Experience in developing web applications using open-source technologies and frameworks such as .Net, Java, HTML/CSS, Hibernate, SQL and Web Services
- Experience within the retail, travel, or automotive industries
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 15 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our IT Department Managers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend two interviews with the hiring manager and the team.