IT Infrastructure Manager (Product Management)
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
The European IT team are excited to announce an immediate opening for an IT Infrastructure Manager.This Manager position will be responsible for management of the European IT Infrastructure Product Management team, including managing tactical and strategic activities on a day-to-day basis.
You will be responsible for determining time and resources needed to complete assignments and lead team members in prioritizing and completing assigned tasks and projects. You are also responsible for people management activities including career planning/support, training, interviewing, hiring, rewarding, disciplining, and performance and salary reviews. In this position, you will develop and maintain procedures that support team activities associated with specific area of expertise or responsibility and lead individuals in adhering to and supporting team procedures.
This new role will be based in Egham, Surrey at the European Headquarters.
- Use your broad expertise, knowledge, and skills to resolve complex issues; contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Focus on operational, tactical, and strategic activities for the team.
- Assist with the development of strategic planning for team.
- Provide technical leadership to project teams and/or leads project teams within area/department.
- Plan and manage project activities within project plan and/or provide input into the tasks in the project plan.
- Work on medium to large, complex initiatives with interdependencies where analysis of situations or data require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors and proactive risk management.
- Prepare and deliver informal and formal presentations to own team, department, other IT teams, and business partners.
- Proactively seek training and developmental activities related to the industry.
- Assist with identifying career development opportunities and develop training plans for team.
- Provide escalation assistance; recommend potential solutions to issues; follow established escalation procedures; resolve moderately complex issues.
- Define, develop, communicate, and implement standards, processes, and procedures for the team and ensuring compliance to these. Also assist with defining these for department.
- Establish key performance metrics for the team and assist in the development of department metrics.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Provide guidance and direction to professional individual contributors and/or skilled support individual contributors.
- Informally and formally coach and mentor less senior team members individually or as a group.
- Strong experience in IT Management specifically Infrastructure.
- Good knowledge of industry best practice across a wide range of infrastructure solutions (Data Network, Voice, Hardware, Data Centre, Endpoint devices, Storage, Security, Wireless, etc.).
- Experience in the execution of tactical and strategic activities.
- Must possess the ability to develop people at various levels in their career that lead to successful high-performing teams.
- Excellent at building and maintaining relationships.
- Great communication skills. Comfortable presenting, facilitating, and discussing technology to technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Ability to build consensus with Business, IT and Vendors.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our IT Managers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist,Georgina Crockford.