IT Infrastructure Project Manager
You will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Enterprise Rent a Car is excited to announce an opportunity has become available within the IT Infrastructure team for an Infrastructure Project Manager. The position will be based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, and will be working closely with our European IT teams.
You will be part of a team which is responsible for managing the UK and Ireland Infrastructure environment and also assisting with projects to deliver solutions for our Pan-European teams. As Project Manager you will be working closely with our Architecture, Engineering and Implementation teams to design, develop and implement Infrastructure solutions within the Enterprise environment in Europe. This will cover a broad range of infrastructure technologies with a particular focus on rental branch technology, network transformation, as well as other areas of the technical infrastructure environment.
The Project Manager will be responsible for handling work requests from business stakeholders, initiating the business work requests with the relevant resources, collaborating with others to scope and plan projects and managing these end-to-end through to implementation.
The role offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate for learning, career development, training and progression within a growing organisation.
- Collaborating with Business, global IT teams and Vendors to receive work requests, develop project scopes, detailed work plans and statement of works (SoW)
- Collaboration with IT teams to develop plan and execute deployment for multi-site network transformation
- Plan, direct, coordinate and monitor project activities involved with the architectural and technical design, security, implementation and in life support of technical solutions
- Tracking, monitoring and updating tasks, maintaining project plans and providing status updates to IT teams and Management
- Identify potential project risks, communicate, log and recommend solutions
- Provides a single point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement
- Scheduling, participating and leading internal and external project meetings
- Able to prepare and provide presentations to internal teams, Business stakeholders and Vendors
- Assist with defining departmental Project Management standards, processes and procedures
- Ongoing review of existing methodologies and providing recommendations for future enhancements
- Assists Management to develop, update and maintain IT roadmaps
- Stays abreast of business updates and current industry trends and new technology through networking and associated training/seminars
- Experience in Project Management role, managing medium to large complex projects is essential, whilst managing multiple efforts
- Experience in working with technology services
- Professional project management accreditation is required e.g. Prince2, PMP equivalent and able to demonstrate knowledge of project management concepts
- Good grasp of and aptitude for learning technologies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide subject matter expertise and demonstrate an ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience
- Great leadership, consultative interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being a team player
- Proven track record of successful project delivery in complex end to end and systems integration projects preferred
- Experience and knowledge in the following areas of IT Infrastructure is preferred:
- Network, Cisco, WAN/LAN/WLAN, VPN, Network Security implementations
- Infrastructure systems integrations
- Cloud based solutions, Data Centres, Hosted solutions
- Managed Infrastructure, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Managing IT deployments across multiple sites
- Project Management – Prince2 or similar Project Management accreditation
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
Hours: 40 per week
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist, Georgina Crockford.