IT Project Manager
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With over 10,000 branch locations across the world and more than 100,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate 2 million cars and trucks.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Project Manager to join the Replacement Booking Tools Team, on a permanent basis, based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
The Replacement Booking Tools team are responsible for the delivery of highly visible IT Projects as well as the ongoing maintenance of several IT solutions. The solutions vary from user interfaces used to capture data to a new Web API used to support strategic trading partners by offering system to system integration capabilities. This team and role will liaise with business partners across the UK, Ireland, France, Spain & Germany as well as collaborating closely with teams in North America to support Global IT Solutions.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and monitors activities of project teams involved in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of IT initiatives within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Follows and promotes established project management methodologies, standards, processes and procedures; recommends modifications to enhance outcomes
- Collaborates with others across our organisation to define project scope and objectives; develops project work plans, project approaches, roadmaps, baselines, and tracking documents; controls project scope and budget; modifies work plans to reflect approved scope changes
- Coordinates all project SCRUM ceremonies as well as acting as the SCRUM Master
- Manages and tracks change requests. Anticipates and identifies project issues and risks; recommends solutions; works with senior management, stakeholders and project teams to implement solutions
- Creates status reports for project sponsors and IT end-users that include key indicators of project progress, risks, assumptions, impacts, dependencies and success criteria
- Conducts interim and post-project reviews; assesses the need for and recommends improvements for future projects
- Conducts periodic project issues/status meetings; documents and distributes results
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security
- Must have Project Management experience within the car rental industry
- MBA in IT Project Management
- Experience in Agile Project Management, Scrum/KanBan; Scrum Master Certification
Candidates must also have the following skills/competencies:
- A team player and able to motivate team members
- A capable relationship manager, decisive and strong negotiation skills
- Influences and gains consensus from peers and multiple departments/areas, while remaining open to others’ ideas and addresses concerns.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and adjusts behavior to the situation to maintain necessary working relationships in most work situations
- Results oriented, flexible, creative and problem solver
- Handles conflict and appropriately seeks guidance on more complex conflict situations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
Opening date: 27th August 2019
Closing date: 24th September 2019
Hours: 40 per week