Java Software Engineer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. So we listen and give every member of our team an equal voice. It’s how we’re able to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 9,900 locations worldwide. We offer access to the latest tools and software. The opportunity to build a unique skill set. And the flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking Java engineer to join our European Application Development Team in the Replacement and Risk solution area. In this role you will contribute to delivering business critical applications for our customers including ARMS® (Automated Rental Management System).
As a key contributor within our development team, you will be involved in all aspects of the solution from UI, middle tier and the backend database. In this position you will collaborate closely with our IT teams and Operations teams in St Louis MO, UK, Ireland, France, Germany and Spain to help bring about the implementation of practical solutions to overcome operational challenges. We will rely on your innovative problem solving and demonstrated software development skills using a variety of Open Source and Enterprise level technologies.
ARMS® provides services and software solutions to insurance companies, dealerships, fleet management companies, and collision repair centers. Our mission is simple: to bring all stakeholders in the collision repair industry together in a way that benefits everyone. Our web-based software solutions are designed to enhance performance management with complete transparency, concise measurements, and seamless data integration.
About The Location
The head office for our European operations is UK99, located in Egham, just 20 miles from Central London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
- Individual contributor performing both application design and coding.
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications according to specifications provided by our Software Architects
- Assist in trouble shooting and resolving complex software application problems within an SOA environment
- Develop and maintain automated unit tests that improves software quality
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Review, analyze and implement business requirements on assigned projects
- Define, develop, communicate and implement standards, processes and procedures for the department.
- Analyze and review software requirements to determine feasibility of a design within time and cost restraints
- Use system traces and debugging tools for problem determination and system tuning
- Participate in support activities
- Participate in IT security and compliance remediation activities
Key technical skills:
- Java development and using frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Object Oriented design principles and patterns
- Front end technologies such as Angular, HTML, CSS, JQuery, Java Script
- Experience with Web Services Integrations
- Version control tools such as Git/BitBucket
- Application server such as Tomcat
- Creating and Implementing SQL using a relational database
- Unix operating system
Nice to have skills:
- Working in an agile environment using JIRA
- Jenkins or other continuous integration tools
- Angular, AWS and ESB technology
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.