Lead Software Engineer (.Net, C#)
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Software Engineer to join the European Application Development Team covering European Operations, on a permanent basis, based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
You will have the chance to contribute in a growing and dynamic Software Development Department, delivering bespoke solutions to the European arm of a highly successful U.S. based car Rental Company.
The role will give you an opportunity to contribute to the development of one of EHI’s new Web API solutions used by the UK business, utilise and develop their software engineering skills, increase knowledge of industry recognised tools such as VSTS, Visual Studio, Jira and Microsoft PaaS Technologies whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile Software Development Team.
- Applies fundamental knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve routine to moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Focus is on operational and tactical activities
- Develops work plans for own tasks
- Works on routine to complex assignments
- Assists in the development of standards, processes, and procedures for the team.
- Support the designs, development and modifications of elements of technology.
- Evaluates elements of the technology's effectiveness through working with the team on requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and makes recommendations for improvements that result in increased quality and effectiveness; takes appropriate steps towards resolution.
- Implements, operates and maintains elements of technology.
- Creates and maintains documentation for elements of technology.
- Working with the team on listening to and evaluating customer needs to determine and provide high quality solutions, that align with customer expectations.
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures.
- Biztalk support for current developed/application/services.
- Analysing of suspended messages in Biztalk Admin Console.
- Monthly installation/updating of security patches on the servers.
- Technologies: C#, XML, RESTful services, JSON, .Net Standard, App Services
- WebAPI and RESTful web services
- Experience of using GIT
- Experience of PowerShell Scripting
- Continuous Integration with ARM Templates
- Test Driven Development
- Working in Agile Scrum Teams.
- Working with SOLID Principles.
- Continuous code refactoring
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- SOAP, WCF, ServiceBus, APIM, ARM Templates/functions
- Azure Exposure
- Use of WSDLs
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.