Marketing Assistant – Enterprise Car Club
We are excited to announce the opportunity for a Marketing Assistant to join our Enterprise Car Club Marketing Team at Enterprise Holdings' European Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
Enterprise Car Club (ECC), in its current form, has been in the UK for over 5 years offering audiences on-demand, by the hour or day, car hire. In this time, ECC has grown exponentially, more than doubling the membership base, expanding its presence across the ERAC branch network and winning 'Mobility Provider of the year 2018'!
The ECC marketing team devise strategies that engage individual users, businesses, universities and government organisations to leverage both virtual and dedicated ECC fleet. These strategies span a broad, integrated marketing mix including PPC, SEO (natural and local), display, website, affiliate, social media and email; the aim being to drive member acquisition and activation.
This position would suit someone with marketing experience ideally weighted towards digital channel management. The person needs to be good at understanding complex problems, getting to grips with new software swiftly and handling complex data/spreadsheets. On top of a head for numbers the ideal candidate would be comfortable copy writing with an ability to draft website/email copy using the brand’s voice.
The Marketing Assistant will play a key role in implementing marketing strategies and tactics but will also be encouraged to contribute their own original and innovative ideas. The team has a start-up feel and is looking for someone dynamic and entrepreneurially minded get stuck-in, be ‘can-do’ and make a tangible difference.
- Managing a number of weekly/monthly routine processes which support wider marketing & operational programmes. These processes will require expert data handling rigor, strong excel skills and a key eye for detail.
- Leading the production of creative designs and printed materials – receiving requests from the business, briefing creative studio/agency, reviewing designs, managing stakeholder approvals, working with suppliers to arrange production and managing costs
- Leading the delivery of promotional mechanics – executing the fulfilment processes, working with Legal to create T&Cs, monitoring performance, and suggesting improvements
- Managing ECC social media channels – suggesting posts, creating image/copy for posts and monitoring performance
- Copywriting, ensuring brand integrity and that the language used is tailored to the marketing channel and target audience
- Coding email newsletters and member communications
- Using the website CMS to amend content on the website
- Collate and interrogate performance metrics and reporting – obtaining data from our in-house software, inputting it into spreadsheets/reports and learning to extract insight/meaning
- Responding to third party enquiries from stakeholders internally and externally. Internally this will involve liaising with the different regional ECC/ERAC teams who’s requirements will vary location to location.
- Desk research, for example researching local marketing tactics, channels, community events and possible brand partners.
- Responding to all enquiries in ECC Marketing mailbox
- Updating competitor analysis sheet
- Tracking invoices, ensuring costs are pre-approved and updating budget trackers
- Liaison with third parties for specific campaign requirements (ensuring affiliates, sponsorship hosts have all they require – collateral, digital assets)
- Ad hoc project management and administration tasks - Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and special marketing projects as assigned
- Occasional visits to other Enterprise locations across the UK
The skills and experience the successful applicant will bring to the role include:
- Experience managing digital & social channels
- Experience managing website content directly manipulating a CMS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail (proofreading and editing)
- Creative flare to originate ideas, create compelling copy and critique brand design
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Strong organisational, time management skills and project management skills
- Great analytical skills with good attention to detail – familiar with digital analytic tool integration
- A dynamic fast learner with a ‘can do’ attitude – confidence to pick-up the phone and research on-line to originate a solution
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined with a strong work ethic
- Solid knowledge of UK geography
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Office products – particularly Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Digital & tech savvy – Knowledge and understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) with an aptitude and/or willingness to learn a number of new digital programmes
- Basic experience of graphic design web packages such as illustrator or InDesign (preferred, although not essential)