.Net Software Engineer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking C# .Net engineer to join the European Application Development team covering European operations, based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey. This role offers the opportunity to be an integral part of this forward thinking software development team that is growing and delivering bespoke as well as customised solutions to the European arm of a highly successful U.S. based car Rental Company.
The ideal candidate for this position should be motivated and able to resolve complex technical issues with experience of developing and supporting ASP.Net and Azure based web applications within an Agile environment.
- Applies knowledge of professional concepts and company objectives to resolve a wide range of moderately complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Subject matter expert in more than one area of responsibility; represents team within and outside own department
- Focus is on operational and strategic activities
- Assists with project planning; provides technical expertise to project teams and/or leads project teams within area/department
- Works on large, complex assignments
- Defines, develops, communicates, and implements standards, processes, and procedures for the team or department
- Establishes, maintains and fosters relationships both within and outside the team and department
- Designs, develops and modifies elements of technology. Understands advanced methods, theories and research techniques that establish ongoing direction and implementation of the technology vision and strategy
- Leads the implementation, operation and/or maintenance of elements of technology
- Collaborates with Architects and recommends adjustments to the architecture to improve the overall quality of a solution
- Provides, develops and maintains documentation for elements of technology
- Listens to and evaluates customer needs to determine, provide, and identify high quality solutions that align with customer expectations
- Provides instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments; ensures deadlines are met
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures; continuously identifies and recommends opportunities for improving security
- Experience developing and supporting solutions on the Microsoft development stack
- Experience working with Asp.Net web forms, MVC5 experience, C# .NET 4.5(+), SOAP, Web API, SOA, XML, LinQ, JQuery, CCS, Bootstrap, Entity Framework 6 (using code first), mocking frameworks, RESTful services and caching methodologies
- Understanding of IIS 7.0 and SQL Server
- Exposure to Azure CI/CD pipelines
- UI skills in supporting and developing web applications
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience in writing and executing test cases using Specflow and Selenium
- Exposure to working on automated test harnesses
- A firm understanding of TDD and BDD development methodologies
- Experience in Angular would be an advantage experience
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.