Senior Database Administrator - IT
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. So we listen and give every member of our team an equal voice. It’s how we’re able to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 9,900 locations worldwide. We offer access to the latest tools and software. The opportunity to build a unique skill set. And the flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
We have an exciting opportunity for a SQL Senior Database Administrator working in the IT department at our European Corporate Headquarters in Egham, Surrey.
The SQL DBA plays a significant role in the implementation, deployment, maintenance and support of production and non-production SQL Server databases, both on premise and Azure-based. In addition, this person monitors daily database activities and overall performance, as well as resolving job failures. The DBA is responsible for SQL Server security, supporting GDPR compliance and producing database documentation. Some database design and development are required in support of the various application development teams. The DBA will contribute to developing automated admin and ETL processes using PowerShell and SSIS.
The candidate should be a strong technical resource who is willing to share their experience and knowledge with other members of the team.
About The Location
Our European Head Quarters is located in Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
- Database deployments, manual and automated
- Production support, e.g. monitoring, security, performance, and troubleshooting
- Implementing and improving standards
- Supporting database-related application development
- Backup, recovery and DR strategy and implementation
- Server patching and upgrades
- Process improvements through automation
- Data analysis and problem-solving
- Some out of hours deployment / support
- Extensive experience in administering MS SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
- Database design and development experience with strong T-SQL skills
- Some experience with SQL Server in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Experience of SSIS development for SQL 2008 R2
- Knowledge of team source control tools, e.g. TFS, VSTS, GIT or similar
- Managing incidents, problems and changes using tools
- Working in an agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Nice to have
- SQL Server 2016
- Azure SQL PaaS (Platform as a service) and experience of the Azure or similar environment
- Teradata, Oracle and/or other RDBMs
- SQL Server data tools including database projects
- Experience with SSRS and SSAS
- Experience with CI/CD tools and pipelines
Should you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or further information on this role please contact Georgina Crockford.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for thirteen consecutive years and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.