Senior Procurement and Category Manager – German Speaking
We are excited to announce a new role in our Procurement and Supply Chain organisation based in the UK for our European businesses (predominantly focussed on, Germany, France, Ireland, Spain and United Kingdom). This position will play an integral role in building an evolving department, delivering and implementing our procurement strategy. We require full business proficiency in German.
This will be a hands-on, dynamic role for someone with strong procurement skills, confidence and with the ability to forge good relationships with the various businesses and senior managers across our European businesses. The role will be working within a small, but high performing team, with opportunities to shape the position and develop and grow within the company.
We’re a global business that covers 90 countries and boasts a fleet of more than 1.7 million vehicles. For our 100,000 colleagues, this means going the extra mile to keep everything running smoothly every day. Something you might not know is that we’re a family-run business, meaning people are at the heart of how we think and what we do. As a part of that people-focused approach, we’re also doing more for diversity, which is why we’re proud to say that we’ve been awarded Top Employer for Women 16 years in a row!
- “End to End” experience: Sourcing, negotiating, implementing and managing agreements and suppliers for both key categories and some tactical procurement
- Develop key stakeholder relationships and building procurement’s reputation as a trusted business partner
- Develop and/or maintain good relationships with existing key strategic suppliers and identify new potential partners
- Support the sourcing and contracting modules in the implementation of Coupa in Europe
- Further develop and implement environmental, social and diversity category strategies
- Develop relationships with global procurement counterparts ensuring alignment with the global procurement strategies
- Support the Head of Procurement with planning and prioritisation
- Experience sourcing, negotiating, implementing and managing small, medium, large and/or complex agreements, priorities and suppliers
- Coupa or equivalent procurement system user experience and knowledge
- Experience working with stakeholders in customer focussed and decentralised organisations
- Good commercial experience and knowledge with a track record of savings delivery
- Experience in managing pan-European or global categories
- Category experience in any one of the following areas: IT, professional services, indirect procurement, Fleet
- Good contractual knowledge
- MCIPS membership or equivalent is desirable but not essential
- Ability to challenge and suggest improvements and influence outcomes
- Required: English and German
- French and Spanish beneficial
- UK/Egham, Surrey with scope for hybrid working
- Must be able to work in the UK and travel to Europe
- Initially travel may be required in Europe during the Coupa roll out (depending on the COVID guidelines and travel restrictions in place)
- In the future, travel around Europe is likely for several days a month to our operations and suppliers
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark. Our organisation offers a supportive, diverse and collaborative working environment and a competitive salary.