The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
We are excited to announce an opening for a Senior SoftwareEngineer to join the Cloud Engineering team covering European operations based at Melburne Park. This role offers the chance to be an integral part of a forward thinking and ambitious development team delivering web-based business solutions as part of the European IT team.
This Engineer will focus on building an environment of Continuous Delivery and drive the development of associated engineering and DevOps processes, tools and practices leveraging various Microsoft platform offerings and products within Azure including Release Management, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, application services and integration products. Technologies widely used in the team include ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET framework, SQL databases, Data Factory and Cosmos DB.
- Take ownership of:
- Automated release pipeline through all environments from DEV to Production
- Azure Cloud-hosted PaaS environments
- Application Performance Management tooling and capabilities
- Governance process enabling teams to comply with standards
- Wider engagement with the IT departments globally. Especially teams in EU
- Internal service improvement initiatives
- Enable development teams with the ability to rollout applications through environments via CI / CD pipeline
- Support teams with automated environment provisioning. This may include new or scaling up/down existing environments
- Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team and gain consensus and cooperation of others from multiple areas/departments and business partners
- Champion continuous delivery best-practices and processes
- Coach and consult with engineers to leverage DevOps tools and processes empowering them to self-serve solution team's needs. Act as a point-of-contact for any challenges associated with these processes
- Aid with releases in a Tier-2 support capacity and help with troubleshooting efforts
- Look for opportunities to gain efficiencies and ensure that the Azure estate is right sized for the needs of the department
- Role will involve occasional out-of-hours availability
- Protect our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follow security policies and procedures
Required skills & competencies
- Creation of scripts using PowerShell or similar for software development
- Working knowledge of the following
- Azure Networks
- Azure PaaS services including cloud services, app service, Cosmos DB, storage, Redis, SQL Azure
- Java Script, XML, HTML, CSS, ASP.Net, C# or VB.Net
- Working knowledge of Version Control Systems – server-based / distributed (e.g. TFS, GIT)
- Proven experience with automated build and deployment tools using Microsoft VSTS
- Structured approach in problem solving
- A strong desire to work collaboratively
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Azure IaaS
- NET Core, MVC framework, Asp.Net MVC Web-API, JQuery, Windows Forms, WCF, WS-*, RESTful services is an advantage
- Application Performance Monitoring tools (App Insights, Dynatrace,..)
- Azure Functions, Logic apps, Traffic manager, Application service environment (ASE) hosting
- Ability to take a leadership role in technical environment with a passion to take people along on the journey
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a technical based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.