Software Automation Test Engineer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. So we listen and give every member of our team an equal voice. It’s how we’re able to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 9,900 locations worldwide. We offer access to the latest tools and software. The opportunity to build a unique skill set. And the flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Software Test Automation Engineer to join the European Application Development team covering European operations, on a permanent basis, based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey.
This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the development of web applications, utilise and develop their manual and automated testing skills, increase knowledge of industry recognised tools such as TFS, Visual Studio, Jira, SpecFlow, Selenium and cloud based technologies whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile Software Development Team. As time permits, the role may also assist with testing change requests and incidents from initial report through to production release.
- Primarily assist with testing of development work, testing incidents and change request development as / when required.
- Work with Scrum Team to refine Acceptance Criteria of User Stories throughout development lifecycle.
- Automated and manual testing of API and Web Applications.
- Report test findings and defects found to Scrum team through Jira/Confluence and conduct re-testing of defect fixes.
- Assist Developers with root cause analysis of defects found.
- Collaborate with all members of Scrum team to ensure visible progression of features to users in each Sprint.
- Design and execute clear, concise and maintainable manual test suites.
- Automate UI tests using SpecFlow, the Selenium framework and Visual Studio (C#).
- Design and execute black-box tests (manual and automated) for web services.
- Follow and contribute to defined standards and processes within the development and testing team.
- Research and apply new methods to improve testing quality and speed.
- Occasional out-of-hours duties may be required to support releases in production environment.
- Strong communicator and effective team player who is willing to articulate opinions with an eye for detail and a genuine can-do attitude.
Required skills & competencies:
- Automated and manual testing of web applications using C# SpecFlow
- Web application automation using Selenium and C#
- REST API automation using C#
- SQL Server database testing
- Defect reporting and tracking to resolution.
- Working in Agile Scrum Teams.
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience of POSTMAN for manual
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.