Software Test Engineer
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses. We listen to our teams which enable us to create the leading-edge technology to support and maintain our network of more than 10,000 locations worldwide. You can have access to the latest tools and software, an opportunity to build a unique skill set and flexibility to pave your own career path. Ready to get started? Hit the apply button!
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Test Engineer to join the Billing and Admin Systems team (part of the Global Rental Billing department). This will be a permanent position based at our UK Office in Egham.
The successful candidate will be the primary test engineer for Billing and Admin Systems solutions across EU and occasionally assisting our US team with global products. This will involve manual and automated testing of web and integration applications, using industry standard tools such as Microsoft Azure DevOps, SpecFlow, Selenium, SoapUI and Postman.
- Pro-actively learn business and technical aspects of systems-under-test
- Work with business users and developers to refine Acceptance Criteria of requirements
- Take ownership of all testing activities (new functionality and regression) in assigned projects and manage own priorities independently
- Lead discussions with development team on test approach for each project
- Collaborate with developers in France, Germany, Spain, UK and US on a regular basis to support QA needs
- Conduct testing alongside development liaising closely with developers
- Collaborate with all members of project team to ensure visible progression of features to stakeholders
- Design and execute clear, concise and maintainable manual test suites in appropriate tool (e.g. JIRA, MS Visual Studio)
- Automate tests using appropriate tool (e.g. SpecFlow, Selenium, SoapUI, etc)
- Report defects to development team and conduct re-testing of defect fixes
- Assist Developers with root cause analysis of defects found
- Follow and contribute to defined standards and processes within the development and testing team.
- Research and apply new methods to improve testing quality and speed
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of product documention for existing and new applications.
- Occasional out-of-hours duties may be required to support releases in production environment
- Protect our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follow security policies and procedures
- Microsoft Tools (e.g. Visual Studio, TFS, Azure DevOps) and/or similar (e.g. JIRA)
- Technical and automated testing tools (e.g. SpecFlow, Selenium. SoapUI, Postman)
- Design and execution of structured manual test suites
- Exploratory testing of systems-under-test
- Proven experience in technical testing (e.g. XML, SQL, automation)
- Basic SQL skills (e.g. query construction to inform testing process)
- Defect reporting and tracking through dedicated tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Working in Agile project teams (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
- ISEB/ISTQB qualification
- Comfortable with basic C# / Java coding activities
- Testing in Cloud technology environments (e.g. MS Azure, AWS)
- Experience of working in geographically distributed team environment
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
At Enterprise Rent-A-Carwe will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
About the Location
The head office for our European operations is located in the Egham, just 20 miles from London. We are just off the M25 and A30 but also a five minute walk away from Egham train station. Our office building has a stylish, contemporary flair and open workspaces for our growing workforce of more than 500 employees with ample parking onsite. Just a five minute walk and you can be on Egham High Street, surrounded by local shops and restaurants.
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for in our Software Test Engineers.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.