You will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful solutions for more than 10,000 branch locations and 100,000 employees across the world with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths. Enterprise Holdings IT is a critical area of the business; we develop technical solutions that power our global operations and a fleet of 2 million vehicles, allowing our branch employees to exceed our customers’ expectations.
An opportunity has arisen within our European IT Infrastructure team based at our European Corporate Office in Egham, Surrey for a Support Engineer.
As a Support Engineer you will investigate, diagnose, and resolve complex issues without known solutions. This position resolves issues escalated from any support group or customer. You will support efforts to identify and eliminate the root cause of issues in the environment. In addition, you will be responsible for creating documentation of knowledge resulting from investigative and support activities and publish this information for support of future occurrences.
If this sounds the perfect role for you, please hit the apply button!
You will be required to:
- Investigates, diagnoses, and resolves complex issues without known solutions; may make recommendations and defines action plans.
- Tracks, diagnoses, replicates, troubleshoots, and resolves issues involving the end user computing environment and possible software/hardware issues.
- Resolves issues escalated from any support group or customer.
- Supports efforts to identify and eliminate the root cause of issues in the environment.
- Creates documentation of knowledge resulting from investigative and support activities and publishes this information for support of future occurrences.
- Leverages internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Assists others with working a case; utilizes area of expertise in order to facilitate solutions for the customer.
- Participates in technical communications within team to share best practices and learn about new technologies.
- Focuses on an area of technical specialization and stays up to date on knowledge related to area.
- Assists with task automation and process improvements, as directed.
- Maintains established service level agreements to meet customer expectations and quality standards.
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions and daily job responsibilities; follows security policies and procedures.
- Provides desk side assistance with incident resolution for senior roles on EU99 campus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and a team player with exceptional work ethic.
- Methodical approach to problem resolution.
The role is based at our European Head Office in Egham, Surrey, TW20 9FB.
At Enterprise Rent-A-Car we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: flexible hours, an element of working from home, compressed hours.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: Competitive
How to Apply
We take great care in our recruitment process to find the ideal candidate. It’s not all about us, we want you to have the chance to find out what we’re all about.
- The first step is our application form, which takes about 30 minutes to complete. As well as telling us lots about you, it helps us identify the kind of competencies that we look for.
- If your application is successful one of our Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to arrange a competency based telephone interview.
- Finally you will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring manager and you have the chance to meet the team.