Test Automation Engineer - Homeworking / Work From Home
Enterprise Holdings is powered by technology, and IT is a critical area of the business. As a diverse team of idea enablers and problem-solvers, our innovative IT professionals design, develop and drive the tech that is redefining how customers rent, buy and share vehicles from our family of brands. Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers powerful technical solutions for our branch locations and employees across Europe with the resources and support to develop in a variety of career paths.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Software Test Automation Engineer to join the European Application Development team covering European operations, on a permanent basis. We offer a hybrid model of full-time remote working, partial office-based at Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey or a mixture of both.
This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the development of web applications, utilise and develop their manual and automated testing skills, increase knowledge of industry recognised tools such as Azure DevOps , Visual Studio, SpecFlow, Selenium and cloud based technologies whilst working in an experienced and innovative Agile Software Development Team. As time permits, the role may also assist with testing change requests and incidents from initial report through to production release.
The Test Engineer is responsible for assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing. This position designs, produces, executes, and maintains software test plans and test cases. The Test Engineer tests applications while documenting, tracking, and reporting on defects. This position also analyzes test results, leverages troubleshooting skills to assist with defining root cause, and conducts re-testing after defects are addressed.
- Primarily assist with testing of development work, testing incidents and change request development as / when required.
- Work with Scrum Team to refine Acceptance Criteria of User Stories throughout development lifecycle.
- Automated and manual testing of API and Web Applications.
- Report test findings and defects found to Scrum team through Jira/Confluence and conduct re-testing of defect fixes.
- Assist Developers with root cause analysis of defects found.
- Collaborate with all members of Scrum team to ensure visible progression of features to users in each Sprint.
- Design and execute clear, concise and maintainable manual test suites.
- Automate UI tests using SpecFlow, the Selenium framework and Visual Studio (C#).
- Design and execute black-box tests (manual and automated) for web services.
- Follow and contribute to defined standards and processes within the development and testing team.
- Research and apply new methods to improve testing quality and speed.
- Occasional out-of-hours duties may be required to support releases in production environment.
- Take ownership of all testing activities in assigned projects and manage own priorities independently.
- Pro-actively learn business and technical aspects of the system under test.
- Strong communicator and effective team player who is willing to articulate opinions with an eye for detail and a genuine can-do attitude.
- Ability to independently prioritise own tasks and workload.
Required skills & competencies:
- Automated and manual testing of web applications using C# SpecFlow
- Web application automation using Selenium and C#
- REST API automation using C#
- SQL Server database testing
- Defect reporting and tracking to resolution.
- Working in Agile Scrum Teams.
Preferred skills & competencies:
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience of POSTMAN for manual demonstrations
About The Location: Our primary office location is in Egham. Occasionally, some meetings will be held on-site and require travel to the office at the employee’s expense. This is likely to be less than 10 times a year. At all other times, the employee can work remotely or in the office as they choose.
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Please note that all applicants must have the ability to pass a security check involving financial probity and basic criminality