Vehicle Acquisition Manager – HGV and Conversion Supplier Management
Add an annual turnover of $26 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Our UK Corporate Head Office in Egham is looking to fill the position of Vehicle Acquisition Manager - HGV and Conversion Supplier Management, with responsibility for relationships in this sector for the UK and Ireland.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Vice President, Vehicle Acquisitions, UK and Ireland and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the acquisition, supply, and in many cases conversion of Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s annual HGV and LCV purchases, and therefore be considered amongst the industry’s leading purchasers of commercial vehicles and conversion services. This high profile position will be responsible for building lasting relationships with multiple manufacturing and conversion partners throughout the UK and Ireland and will also interact with many automotive industry leaders in both of these countries.
An essential aspect of this position will be to work closely with the upper management teams within the UK and Ireland across our Daily Rental and Flex-E-Rent teams. Whether assisting in future fleet strategy, participating on new business tenders, managing supplier relationships or providing support to our Sales and Operations teams, your opinions will help shape company direction. The person filling this role will truly have an impact on the bottom line of our entire business.
- Work primarily with Flex-E-Rent and also Daily Rental Groups to source supply for Enterprise’s HGV and Converted Vehicle requirements
- Coordinate with AVP Vehicle Acquisition and work directly with HGV Manufacturers and Dealers to negotiate and source for fleet requirements, both identified yearlong need and ongoing ad-hoc requests
- Manage the supplier/buyer relationship with business partners, specifically including Vehicle Conversion/Bodybuild partners, and develop the breadth of supply
- Support the development of intelligence, information and applied solutions to meet Enterprise’s ongoing technical development and requirements due to changing vehicle legislation regarding HGV, LCV and Conversions Vehicle Certification and Operation
- Support the negotiation and sourcing of LCV solutions to meet the requirements of ‘Specialist’ areas of our business such as Refrigerated Vehicle Rental, Accessible Vehicle Rental and more complex conversions.
- Support Customer Meetings and the One Enterprise Sales Team to help develop customer-centric solutions and provide guidance/source information from Manufacturer, Dealer, Conversion and other Supply Partners to help facilitate the best-fit
- Support the negotiation and sourcing of LCV solutions to meet the requirements of specialist areas of our business such as Refrigerated Vehicle Rental, Accessible Vehicle Rental and more complex conversions.
This position requires an individual with a proven track record in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving and proactive/tactical thinking. Specific HGV related experience would be of benefit.
Candidates would benefit from a Technical/Engineering background or qualification and/or experience of Vehicle Acquisition/Fleet Management.
Travel and after-hours events and meetings will be required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Strong commercial sense and ability to think analytically
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of developing long-term business relationships