Vehicle Acquisition Manager
Add an annual turnover of $26 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Our UK Corporate Head Office in Egham is looking to fill the position of Vehicle Acquisition Manager – managing Car and LCV supplier relationships in this area for the UK and Ireland.
This position will report directly to the Assistant Vice President, Vehicle Acquisitions, UK and Ireland. The successful candidate will be responsible for negotiating and managing the acquisition and supply of Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s annual Passenger Car and LCV purchases, and therefore be considered amongst the industry’s leading new vehicle purchasers. This high profile position will be responsible for building lasting relationships with multiple manufacturing partners throughout the UK and Ireland and will also interact with many automotive industry leaders in both of these countries.
An essential aspect of this position will be to work closely with the upper management teams within the UK and Ireland and across our Rental teams. Whether assisting in future fleet strategy, participating on new business tenders, managing supplier relationships or providing support to our Sales and Operations teams, your opinions will help shape company direction. The person filling this role will truly have an impact on the bottom line of our entire business.
- Coordinate with AVP Vehicle Acquisition and work directly with manufacturers to negotiate and source for fleet requirements for the UK and Ireland, both identified yearlong need and ongoing ad-hoc requests
- Assist Group Vehicle Acquisition teams in establishing and fulfilling their Operational Fleet Plan
- Work closely with the UK and Ireland Remarketing teams on optimizing vehicle holding cost
- Support the development of intelligence, information and applied solutions to meet Enterprise’s ongoing technical development and requirements due to changing vehicle legislation and technology, such as Vehicle Automation and Connected Services.
- Support Customer Meetings and the One Enterprise Sales Team to help develop customer-centric solutions and provide guidance/source information from Manufacturer and other Supply Partners to help facilitate the best-fit.
- Support the negotiation and sourcing of Car and LCV solutions to meet the requirements of ‘Specialist’ areas of our business such as Car Club and Exotics.
- Assist in development of IT solutions to support current and future growth needs within the vehicle acquisition department
- Exposure to all departments and senior management for UK, Ireland and Europe
- This position requires an individual with a proven track record in the areas of leadership, communication, teamwork, problem solving and proactive/tactical thinking.
- Candidates would benefit from large-volume Sales/Purchasing background or qualification and/or experience of Vehicle Acquisition/Fleet Management.
Travel and after-hours events and meetings will be required.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time-management skills
- Strong commercial sense and ability to think analytically
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of developing long-term business relationships