Automotive Technician / Electrician
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Automotive Technician / Electrician; to join our team in Calne.
The Automotive Technician / Electrician will be predominantly be workshop based but may also have mobile duties repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection on Traffic Management of both light and heavy vehicles, health and safety & ISO14001 related issues at all times.
The successful candidate will be contracted to 45hr per week and will be based at the following location: Acklea a Division of Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Ltd , Clark Avenue , Porte Marsh Ind Est , Calne Wiltshire SN11 9RD
Whether a customer needs one vehicle, one hundred or even one thousand, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent pride ourselves on building business partnerships by providing exceptional customer service. We operate the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 40,000 vehicles; from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
- Assembly of traffic management vehicles and associated components ensuring all vehicles are safe and tested prior to confirming completion.
- Ability to assemble bespoke builds predominantly electrical
- As and when requested be prepared to work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, repairs, etc, this may also involve working on Saturdays.
- Prepare all vehicles to the highest standard
- Whenever called upon attend breakdowns whilst ensuring you are working in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure good housekeeping of the Workshop & vehicles and your work area at all times.
- Ensure we comply with our commitment to our ISO14001 accreditation, by maintaining segregation of waste into the relevant areas at all times and general good housekeeping.
- Where required, collect and deliver vehicles.
- Where required, collect and deliver vehicle parts
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Team worker
- Training will be given – Both on job training and with suppliers
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work alone and manage your own time
- A full UK driving licence
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience in a similar mechanical role
- NVQ in Engineering for Vehicle Maintenance and/or City & Guilds in Motor Vehicle Engineering / (Equivalent qualification)
- HGV license advantageous but not essential