Driver / Valeter (Vehicle Service Attendant) Cornwall
Add an annual turnover of $24.4 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 2 million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world. Enterprise Flex-E-Rent provides a flexible rental solution to long term customers throughout the UK and we are currently looking to recruit aDriver / Valeterto join our teams inPenryn and Penzance.
The successful candidate will predominantly have driving responsibilities as well as valeting our vehicles. He/she will provide a high level of customer service while delivering and collecting a wide variety of vehicles for both customers and other branches. Our Driver / Valeter's play an integral part in the success of our business as they are quite often the first and last point of contact for our customers. Valeting responsibilities mean you will consistently ensure that vehicles are prepared to a high standard so they are suitable and ready for hire.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for fourteen consecutive years and this year have been honoured with the 'advancement of social mobility award' among many other awards along the way.
Please note- The role is advertised as a 3 month position, with potential to increase to a permanent position for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will be offered a 40 hour contract, with varied shifts from Monday-Saturday. More information on hours and schedule can be provided at the interview.
The Car Prep is responsible for the care and maintenance of the car park. This includes hoovering and prepping the cars, shuttling cars to and from car washes and dealerships for servicing, car transports to and from offices, checking fluid levels, and changing tyres.
- Clean vehicle exterior by hand, brush or by operating washing equipment
- Polish, dry and clean vehicle windscreens, windows, lights, mats and exterior body, by hand
- Hoover, shampoo, add air freshener and clean vehicle interior (some stain removal may be required)
- Determine need for and add windscreen fluid, fuel, oil, water and antifreeze
Perform basic maintenance check: antenna, under the bonnet, inside the vehicle, inside the boot, and outside vehicle
- Verify appropriate stickers are attached to vehicle (registration, plates, etc.)
- May be responsible for maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies
- May assist with local automobile deliveries
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- 6 months work experience preferred
- Must have a valid full driving licence with no more than 1 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past three years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be at least 18 years old. If between 18 and 21 years of age must be a full-time student
- Must be able to lift packages in order to assist customers
- Ability to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials
- Must be able to balance, stoop, kneel and crouch for medium duty labour
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Knowledge of vehicle cleanliness standards and ability to follow the rules of the road
- Must be authorised to work in the EU
- Knowledge and ability to follow rules of the road (driving safely and defensively)
- Knowledge and ability to follow airport rules and regulations, if applicable
- Skill in driving in all kinds of weather and on all road conditions
- Skill for a high degree of attention to detail and thoroughness, preventing injury to others and damage to all vehicles in operation
- Ability to read and interpret a map and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two-step instructions
- Ability to work under time sensitive pressure as well as periods of relative inactivity Ability to make appropriate judgments, keeping customer service, safety and time sensitivity a priority
- Ability to develop customer rapport
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance, appropriate communication and listening skills
- Ability to assist passengers and lift heavy objects when requested
- Ability to maintain a friendly, courteous attitude towards customers and fellow employees in a multi-cultural environment