Master Technician / Electrician
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an Master Technician / Electrician; to join our team in Calne.
The overall objectives for the Master Technician / Electrician are -
- Develop existing product electrical systems in line with vehicle manufacturers developments
- Innovation and development products and processes
- Maintain consistent high-quality standards of workmanship, whilst maintaining cost parameters
- Always focus on health and safety practices when developing the product.
- Ensure build quality to all customers.
- Ensure all builds are to the approved standards and complete within timescales set
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
The successful candidate will be contracted to 45hr per week and will be based at the following location: Acklea a Division of Enterprise Rent-A-Car UK Ltd , Clark Avenue , Porte Marsh Ind Est , Calne Wiltshire SN11 9RD
Enterprise promote a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
• Deliver the production plan as allocated
• Work to the company safe systems of work ensuring a safe, secure and compliant working environment.
• Work with Parts Department ensuring parts correctly booked to jobs.
• Carry out Quality Control assessments. (Electrical systems)
• Identify training needs, electrical knowledge and development for the team.
• Ensure the safety of all personnel and security of premises under your control.
• Uphold the focus on Customer Care with a professional approach to Customers, Suppliers and colleagues.
• Be aware of key responsibilities, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
• Mentor, encourage and motivate others in new practices once agreed by the Operations and Workshop Managers
• Test and check that systems and components are safe, secure, and working properly.
• Diagnose faults by isolating systems or components that may have caused or potentially cause a problem.
• Gain authorisation to repair or fit parts as required by Company Procedure.
• Maintain efficiency and accuracy while working.
• Test drive vehicles where permitted and correct driving license is held.
• Use various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
• Use power tools, machine tools and equipment as and when required and safe to do so, for the task for which it was designed and return to correct place of storage after use.
• Use common hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
• Use Personal Protective Equipment as and when required securing the safety of yourself and all personnel.
• Record work carried out on paperwork and computer systems accordingly and accurately as you go, submitting paperwork to the Workshop Manager at the end of each day.
• Adhere to Company Policies and Procedures.
• Work safely in accordance with Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
• Use clean as you go practices ensuring working areas and walkways are clean and tidy.
• Protect and secure vehicles, buildings and property by following Company procedures using safe and secure practices.
• Demonstrate a duty of care by reporting any health and safety concerns to Workshop Manager immediately upon recognition of potential hazard.
• Complete jobs in full before the end of your shift or carry out job handover as required ensuring the vehicle is left in a safe condition with necessary safety signage present.
• Maintain a degree of flexibility while working in order to provide adequate cover to serve customer and workshop requirements.
- Time served Electrical / Mechanical apprentice
- Specialist in electrical assemblies
- Design wiring diagrams and supporting documentation
- Knowledge of both Digital and analogue Electrical systems
- Engineering process management
- Computer literacy
- Ability to coach and mentor electrical systems
- Quality control experience
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Good communicator and listener
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Commercial vehicle electrical and assembly experience
- Electrical and hydraulic systems knowledge
- Diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- High level of Health and Safety awareness