Enterprise Rent-A-Car (South Coast and Central Region) has an immediate vacancy for an Trainee Accountant at our regional head office in Winchester.
Working within a department of six and alongside other area accountants, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day financial operations of a number of our rental branches.
Comprehensive learning opportunities, rapid progression and outstanding earning potential. They're just some of the things we offer ambitious finance graduates on our Financial Controller Management Training Scheme.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to two kinds of people. On the one hand, we're looking for graduates ideally with accounting or finance degrees. But we're also after people who have worked in accounting for a few years, and would like to expand their existing financial skill-set while enjoying greater opportunities for career development.
The aim of the scheme
The scheme is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to become a Financial Controller in charge of your own operation. Our Financial Controllers are key players in the organisation. They oversee all aspects of financial management and provide an important bridge between the marketing and operational aspects of the business.
A true learning experience
You'll start out working as one of our accountants. This role will give you exposure to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement preparation and analysis. You'll also work closely with our sales and marketing, procurement and HR teams (among others) on issues such as customer service, growth strategies and profitability.
Promotions and increased responsibilities
As you get to know how our business works, and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you'll soon find yourself moving up through the organisation. How fast you progress is entirely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there's truly nothing holding you back. Here's the career path you'll go through:
- Senior Accountant
- Financial Statement Accountant / Supervisor
- Accounting Supervisor
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Controller
- Financial Controller
- Senior Financial Controller
- V.P. Finance
Profits and pay increases
At Enterprise, we base rewards on performance, not seniority. (Which should be music to the ears of an ambitious go-getter like you). Not only will you enjoy a competitive salary and benefits from the outset, but as you work your way up through the business, you'll also enjoy bonuses linked directly to the profitability of your operation. And that adds up to an earning potential that even most Blue Chip companies would find difficult to match.
- Approving branch cash, credit and debit card transactions
- Approving branch petty cash expenditure
- Review and approval of journal entries from debtors listings
- Administrative support in terms of billing corrections and adjustments.
- Assisting the financial statement preparer in producing monthly management accounts
- Assisting the accounts payable function by taking ownership of a number of suppliers, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding them in accordance with our chart of accounts and processing them for payment.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Monthly preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet schedules
- Preparing and submitting Journal entries
- Monthly branch visits
- Various ad-hoc projects
- Degree in Accounting or related area preferred, but can be substituted for relevant work experience in the accounting field
- Strong book-keeping skills
- Previous working experience within an accounts department - advantageous but not necessary
- Fully committed to pursuing a professional accountancy qualification