HGV - Automotive Technician / Mechanic - Workshop Based - Manchester
Enterprise is excited to announce the opportunity for a HGV Automotive Technician - Workshop Based to join our team based in Manchester.
- Fully Negotiable based on experience
- Overtime rate paid at time and a quarter
- A competitive base salary with an exceptional career progression plan providing pay increments as you progress, along with a yearly salary review
- 5 Stage Training Program to gain Master Tech Status within 1 year
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 with service, plus bank holidays
- An additional paid day ‘My Purpose My Time’ for volunteering
- Access to a broad range of career progression opportunities and industry leading training
- Employee Assistance Programme to support the wellbeing of our employees
- Company life assurance at 3x salary
- Our ‘promote from within policy’ means you can go as far as your talent will take you
- 40hrs per week Monday -Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm with overtime opportunities
- Flixton Road, Carrington, Urmston, Manchester M41 6JE
Training & Development
We offer ongoing support and development for all employees. As a technician you will get OEM Manufacturer training with a variety of manufacturers. You will also receive both in-house & External training courses for all our products/services for the Flexi Rent Fleet. As a Technician in the Enterprise business, you can progress to a Master tech via our 5 stage Technician progress map and will benefit from the rewards that come with this achievement.
Add an annual turnover of $23.9 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.8 million vehicles and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent is its commercial vehicle rental division, providing services tailored to the needs of commercial vehicle hire customers from 28 locations across the UK, while boasting one of the largest and most diverse commercial vehicle rental fleets.
Enterprise promotes a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
The Automotive Technician will be predominantly workshop based with mobile capability, taking care of general vehicle maintenance duties including MOT preparation, servicing, repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection of both light and heavy vehicles.
Carry out preventative maintenance inspections ensuring all vehicles are safe and road tested.
Prepare all vehicles for MOT.
Service and maintain all vehicles to the highest standard.
Whenever called upon, attend breakdowns.
The ability to work alone and manage your own time
A full UK or EU driving licence with a maximum of 6 points - Class 2 preferred but not essential; training can be provided
Demonstrated ability to make decisions
Experience working on HGV’s
NVQ level 3 in Engineering for Vehicle Maintenance and/or City & Guilds Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering