Mobile Tail-Lift Engineer - Manchester Area
Add an annual turnover of $17.8 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over one million vehicles spread across 8,600 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent is a division of Enterprise Rent a Car that provides a flexible rental solution to long term customers throughout the UK and we are currently looking to recruit a Mobile Tail-Lift Engineerto join our team in Manchester.
The Mobile Tail-Lift Engineers will maintain exceptional standards to the Tail-Lift fleet, whilst ensuring that all legal compliance is met to LOLER standards.
They will also be responsible for reducing VOR downtime by first time fix, via diagnosis.
- Installation, servicing and repair of Tail-Lift, Shutter door equiptment within fleet, to a high standard
- Optimise and maintain engineer van stock to maintain and enhance service delivery
- To liaise with central control and/or the service centre with regard to job start and completion times, downtime and overtime authorisation; cost updates and customer purchase orders.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and on-line (PDA) requirements enabling central control and invoicing to maintain a high standard of customer interface – keeping the customer informed.
- Assist with planning of installations and undertake installations and commissioning.
- Ensure adherence to company procedures in line with company policies, Health & safety procedures and ISO standards.
- Ensure customer service is a priority, and conduct and corporate image (self, van, tools, spares) are first rate.
- Provide technical help or assistance to customers and other EFER personnel as required.
- Undertake company training and self-development through attendance on manufacturers' courses, company on-line courses( E Learning ) certification processes.
- Perform other duties and projects which correspond to the general character of the position.
Experience and Skills:
- Methodical and systematic approach to work.
- Extensive repair & LOLER experience within the vehicle lift industry.
- Commitment to high standards of customer service and professionalism.
- Punctuality, efficiency
- Understanding /experience in repairing /diagnosing of hydraulics.
- Crane experience desirable but not essential
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including Maths and English Language.
Full, clean Driving license
STE/Weight Test Certification.
NVQ Level hydraulics/electrics (desirable) or equivalent experience of working to manufacturers specification/standards