Mechanic / HGV Automotive Technician - Workshop Based - Leeds
Whether a customer needs one vehicle, one hundred or even one thousand, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent pride ourselves on building business partnerships by providing exceptional customer service. We operate the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 50,000 vehicles; from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
Enterprise promote a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent are excited to announce the opportunity for a Workshop based HGV Automotive Technicianto join our team based in Leeds.
The Automotive Technician will be predominantly workshop based with mobile capability taking care of general vehicle maintenance duties including; MOT preparation, servicing, repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection of both light and heavy vehicles, health and safety & ISO14001 related issues at all times.
Flexible working hours may be considered for this role so please call the recruitment team if you wish to discuss this.
- Responsibility for leading team and managing assistant to Workshop Manager.
- Maintain efficient day to day operation of the shift
- Manage a small team of people and lead by example.
- Mentor, encourage, organise and motivate others.
- Maintain and establish a safe, secure and compliant working environment.
- Load Job Sheets onto system, schedule workload, issue jobs to Technicians, assist with Parts.
- Carry out Quality Control assessments.
- Identify training needs, health and safety concerns and bring them to the attention of Workshop Manager or AMM
- Ensure the safety of all personnel and security of premises under your control.
- Uphold and instil into staff Core Values, focusing on Customer Care with a professional approach to Customers, Suppliers and colleagues.
- Be aware of key responsibilities of staff under your control and enforce systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Carry out preventative maintenance inspections to the highest standard ensuring all vehicles are safe and road tested prior to confirming completion.
- As and when requested be prepared to work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, repairs, inspections etc, this may also involve working on Saturdays.
- Prepare all vehicles to the highest standard for MOT to ensure minimum amount of failure`s occur to constantly maintain a PRS and Final pass rate above 95%.
- Service and maintain all vehicles to the highest standard at all times whilst ensuring the vehicles are operating safely and compliant with legislation. Ensuring all vehicles are road tested prior to confirming completion wherever possible
- Ensure any wheels removed are refitted in the correct manner and wheel nuts torqued using the companies calibrated torque wrenches to the correct settings. (As per the wheel retorque policy).
- Wherever required steam clean the vehicles in preparation for maintenance /inspection & MOT presentation.
- Whenever called upon attend breakdowns whilst ensuring you are working in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure good housekeeping of the Workshop & vehicles and your work area at all times.
- Ensure we comply with our commitment to our ISO14001 accreditation, by maintaining segregation of waste into the relevant areas at all times and general good housekeeping.
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Good communicator and listener
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work alone and manage your own time
- A full UK driving licence - Class 2 preferred but not essential; training can be provided
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience in working on HGV's
- NVQ level 3 in Engineering for Vehicle Maintenance and/or City & Guilds Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering