Accounting Intern - 12 month Industrial Placement
Comprehensive learning opportunities, rapid progression and outstanding earning potential. They're just some of the things we offer ambitious 2nd year university students on our Financial Controller Management Intern Training Scheme. We are looking to start the internship in Summer 2019 and will be based at our head office in Staines.
Add an annual turnover of $22.3 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9million vehicles spread across 10,000 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in theworld.
We encourage all of our employees to be the best they can be, and diversity is a priority in all areas of our business. We are proud to say we have been in the Times Top 50 Where Women Want to Work for ten consecutive years and have been honoured with many other awards along the way.
Who can apply?
The scheme is open to 2nd year university students studying accounting and looking to explore a potential career in accounting after graduation.
The aim of the scheme
The scheme is designed to give you the knowledge, skills and experience you need to become a Financial Controller in charge of your own operation. Our Financial Controllers are key players in the organisation. They oversee all aspects of financial management and provide an important bridge between the marketing and operational aspects of the business.
A true learning experience
You'll start out as an Intern Accountant within our Management Accounting team. This role will give you exposure to basic accounting procedures and principles ranging from accounts payable and receivable systems to financial statement preparation and analysis. You'll also work closely with our sales and marketing, procurement and HR teams (among others) on issues such as customer service, growth strategies and profitability.
Promotions and increased responsibilities
As you get to know how our business works, and your ability to make solid business decisions develops, you'll soon find yourself moving up through the organisation. How fast you progress is entirely up to you. With our entrepreneurial philosophy, there's truly nothing holding you back. Here's the career path you'll go through:
- Accounting Coordinator
- Senior Accountant
- Accounting Supervisor
- Accounting Manager
- Assistant Controller
- Financial Controller
- Senior Financial Controller
- V.P. Finance
This position is based at our head office in Staines.
- Approving branch cash, credit and debit card transactions
- Review and approval of journal entries from debtors listings
- Administrative support in terms of billing corrections and adjustments
- Assisting the financial statement preparer in producing monthly management accounts
- Assisting the accounts payable function by taking ownership of a number of suppliers, chasing appropriate authorisation of their invoices, coding them in accordance with our chart of accounts and processing them for payment
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Monthly preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet schedules
- Preparing and submitting Journal entries
- Monthly branch visits
- Various ad-hoc projects
- Currently enrolled in your 2nd year of University studying Accounting or related area
- Strong book-keeping skills
- Previous working experience within an accounts department - advantageous but not necessary
- Fully committed to pursuing a professional Management Accounting qualification
- Legally authorised to work full time in the UK without restriction