Software Engineer (Backend) - Homeworking / Work from Home
The spirit of a startup. The resources of Enterprise. When you bring your experience and talents here, you’ll join a team of start-up minded creators and leaders. But we’re also part of Enterprise Holdings, one of the world’s most respected companies and owner of brands like Enterprise Rent-A-Car®. For your career, and for your life, it’s the best of both worlds.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Entegral is a wholly owned subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, the world’s largest car rental provider and owner of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car® brand. Entegral increases efficiency through the entirety of the claims process. When paired with CAPS, Entegral is a business-to-business solution that enhances the customer experience for the duration of a motor claim. The new name captures the spirit of our company, combining the strength of Enterprise and the integral role we play in the industry. It also represents the integrity we bring to every interaction and the collaboration we foster within the industries we serve.
Our UK based team are looking for an ambitious, forward thinking software engineer to help us develop innovative software across our software suite, being involved in all aspects of the solution – from UI to the backend database. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is interested in exploring software technologies throughout the stack and contribute to delivering business critical applications for our customers.
For more information about Entegral and other opportunities within Enterprise, go towww.entegral.co.uk
As an Engineer you must be excited to figure out how things work end to end. You must help drive innovative solutions to improve and streamline software. Entegral is an exciting place to work where you are interacting with the highest level of engineering talent, constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower each other.
- Individual contributor performing application design and coding in a friendly and inclusive team
- Consistently analyze, translate, re-factor, and code software applications according to specifications provided by our product managers and software architects
- Develop new and maintain existing software solutions
- Assist in analyzing and resolving complex software application problems
- Learn and apply new technologies used by the team in software solutions for which it is responsible
- Develop all aspects of the application suite from the UI to the data store and automated unit tests
- Share your experiences with the team and at the same time develop yourself by learning from the team experiences
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of applications while delivering impactful business value
- Collaborate with other teams to make architectural decisions and improvements
- Participate in support and security remediation activities
- May require occasional on-call duties
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Proficiency in Typescript and backend frameworks (NestJS or similar)
- Experience in software development using object-oriented programming language
- Experience with SQL in a commercial environment
- Experience in development of API-based services and applications
- Aptitude to learn fast new programming languages and technologies
- Good understanding of Agile development practices
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence or similar tools
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git/Bitbucket
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% domestically
- BSc or MSc in computer sciences or similar discipline
- Experience building mobile applications
- Understanding of public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with full-stack development and frameworks
- Experience with micro-services, CI/CD and DevOps environments
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby and Perl
- Proficiency with Linux
- Understanding of container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Understanding of scaled Agile frameworks
- Experience of working in international organizations
Please note that all applicants must have the ability to pass a security check involving financial probity and basic criminality
This position is based on working remotely as part of our UK team. Our central offices are in Egham and Leeds.
Entegral is a global team of individuals who collectively create a culture that strives to provide an inclusive environment where you can thrive. We offer an active community minded Diversity, Equality and Inclusion committee. We support our women through monthly employee resource groups. We believe in belonging through providing My Purpose, My Time paid time off to volunteer. We invest in your growth through dedicated Days of Development. We believe in people over process. We refine and challenge our agile mindset through various communities of practice. Your voice is important, and we have a commitment to listen in our company wide town halls. We welcome you to join our team!