Building Maintenance Technician - North East and Cumbria
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has an exciting opportunity for Building Maintenance Technician to cover their branches in Teeside, Durham, Newcastle & Cumbria. This individual will be responsible for the painting and decorating of locations in the Northern England region, but must have the ability to perform preventative maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds throughout the region. This role will utilise multiple trades such as; painting and decorating, flooring, woodwork and minor electrical and plumbing as well as other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
**A company vehicle is provided for this position for business use only**
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity please reach out to Ibrar Ahmed on 07442 538744.
Interviews will take place at the beginning of September 2019 with a view to ideal candidate commencing employment 1st October 2019.
- Perform assigned work orders.
- Weekly & monthly planned maintenance tasks as scheduled (fire alarm tests etc)
- Obtain necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks. Seek further guidance, if needed, to consistently resolve issues on first visit.
- Utilise mandatory safety equipment and Safe Systems of Work to perform tasks and ensure the safety of those around them
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks and replaces toilets as needed)
- Perform routine painting, flooring, etc as necessary to maintain our facilities in a "like new" condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance).
- Perform minor electrical maintenance as allowed (e.g. light bulbs).
- Ability to adjust planned schedules to react to emergency requirements including out of office hours works and call outs
- Exhibit a professional appearance and complies with all uniform requirements
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Provide occasional cover/assistance to their equivalent in the Yorkshire region to allow for holidays/larger projects etc.
Suitable candidates must be able to display the following qualities:
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritise within a fast changing environment.
- Team player who can provide excellent customer service to building occupants and our customers, ensuring they are made aware of work order progress in a timely manner.
- Self motivated and possessing a positive 'can do' attitude.
- The ability to problem solve, provide realistic solutions and build relationships
- Strong communication skills
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders.
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- A desire to develop and undertake training as required.
- A Drivers License is required as this is a mobile position (any offer of employment is subject to the candidate satisfactorily passing an external driving assessment)