Mechanic / LCV Automotive Technician - Workshop Based- Pyle
Whether a customer needs one vehicle, one hundred or even one thousand, Enterprise Flex-E-Rent pride ourselves on building business partnerships by providing exceptional customer service. We operate the widest range of commercial vehicles for rent in the UK and have a growing fleet of over 40,000 vehicles; from small cars to heavy goods vehicles, accessible minibuses, and many more besides.
As part of the Enterprise Rent-A-Car family, a business that has grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world with almost 2 million vehicles worldwide, our Flex-E-Rent team provides flexible rental solutions to businesses across the UK.
Enterprise promote a positive mental wellbeing. We have signed The Time to Change Employer Pledge and teamed up with Mental Health First Aid England to educate our employees. Here at Enterprise Flex-E-Rent we currently have four Mental Health First Aiders on hand to listen, guide and support our employees during their careers.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for an LCV Automotive Technician to join our team in Pyle.
The successful candidate will be contracted to 45hr per week and will be based at the following location: Enterprise Flex-E-Rent, Heol Mostyn, Village Farm Industrial Estate, Pyle, Mid Glamorgan, CF33 6BJ
The Automotive Technician will be predominantly be workshop based but may also have mobile duties taking care of general vehicle maintenance duties including; MOT preparation, servicing, repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection of light vehicles, health and safety & ISO14001 related issues at all times.
- Carry out preventative maintenance inspections to the highest standard ensuring all vehicles are safe and road tested prior to confirming completion.
- As and when requested be prepared to work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, repairs, inspections etc, this may also involve working on Saturdays.
- Prepare all vehicles to the highest standard for MOT to ensure minimum amount of failure`s occur to constantly maintain a PRS and Final pass rate above 95%.
- Service and maintain all vehicles to the highest standard at all times whilst ensuring the vehicles are operating safely and compliant with legislation. Ensuring all vehicles are road tested prior to confirming completion wherever possible
- Ensure any wheels removed are refitted in the correct manner and wheel nuts torqued using the companies calibrated torque wrenches to the correct settings. (As per the wheel retorque policy).
- Wherever required steam clean the vehicles in preparation for maintenance /inspection & MOT presentation.
- Whenever called upon attend breakdowns whilst ensuring you are working in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure good housekeeping of the Workshop & vehicles and your work area at all times.
- Ensure we comply with our commitment to our ISO14001 accreditation, by maintaining segregation of waste into the relevant areas at all times and general good housekeeping.
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work alone and manage your own time
- A full UK driving licence
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience in a similar mechanical role
- NVQ level 3 in Engineering for Vehicle Maintenance and/or City & Guilds Level 3 in Motor Vehicle Engineering