Third Party SMR Network Manager
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent are excited to announce the opportunity for a Third Party SMR Network Manager to join our Fleet team.
The success of Fleet Management is very dependent upon establishing a high quality Third Party (3P) Service, Maintenance & Repair (SMR) network for commercial vehicles (CVs) and its in-life management.
This network will service both Enterprise Flex-e-rent’s c.45,000 CVs and 2,500 CVs from external fleet-managed customers (when it cannot be undertaken in-house in c.25 owned workshops).
The 3P SMR Network Manager will be responsible for establishing this network with a particular focus on HGV and complex ancillary equipment (tail-lifts, electrical, cranes, gritters etc)
The role holder will be responsible for fully integrating the 3P network and supply chain into the Fleet Management proposition (including commercial terms, SLAs, systems and processes) so that customers have full visibility of the status of their vehicles and service performance whether a vehicle is in Enterprise’s owned network or in the 3P network or if ancillary work is being undertaken
The role holder will manage this network in-life to drive high performance, hold suppliers to account, trouble shoot problems and improve commercial terms. The role holder will establish a small number of national strategic suppliers where the majority of work is undertaken and bring these partners into the FM sales proposition.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Fleet Management.
- As the 3P Network SMR Manager, you will be accountable for developing a 3P network strategy, whereby the number of suppliers is significantly reduced and a small number of national strategic suppliers selected. This will drive improved commercial terms and consistency of performance and allow the national strategic suppliers to form part of the FM sales proposition.
- To develop this strategy, you will need to understand all of the supply chain requirements for maintaining the 47,500 CVs and the kit on them. You will need to assess this capability against the supplier market.
- Working alongside the Head of Fleet Management, Head of Internal SMR and Corporate Vehicle Repair Manager to lead effective consultation and relationship management both internally and in commercial relationships with external suppliers.
- The relationship with the Corporate Vehicle Repair Manager will be key to ensure that communications with suppliers are aligned
- Drive significant benefits to the cost base of the business whilst improving the quality and reliability of services provided by third party suppliers.
- Work with IT teams to ensure that the systems used to manage the 3P network are integrated to Enterprise’s systems stack so that the customer has high visibility of the status of assets with suppliers and the MIS experience is the same whether internal or external
- Act as key point of contact for escalation for failing relationships, creating plans to improve service or plan to move service working with the relevant business owner.
- Act as a key point of contact for external and internal customers where there are issues with the 3P network.
- Work with sales and Account Managers in strategic suppliers to bring the strategic suppliers into our proposition and to work together on key sales opportunities
- Enhancement of SRM strategy, providing training and mentoring of all stakeholders to ensure understanding and adherence
- Management of all Strategic Supplier relationships
- Establishment of SLAs and close KPI management of suppliers in-life.
- Establishment of executive dashboard reporting
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Substantial procurement and supplier management experience focused on strategically significant, high value, high risk contracts.
- Extensive experience of managing stakeholders and Suppliers at all levels.
- Proven track record of managing supplier relationships and evidence of maximising the value and deriving the cost savings.
- Commercial Approach to Procurement
- Negotiating and developing contracts
- Must be comfortable in bringing the 3rd party network into the sales environment
- Commercial awareness, strong interpersonal skills and engagement skills