Project Manager IT (European Application Development)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Project Manager to join the European Insurance Replacement & Non-Fault Solutions Team, on a permanent basis, based at our Corporate Head Office in Egham, Surrey. The team builds and implements IT solutions for our European Insurance Replacement and Non-Fault business areas. We support local, regional and global products which are involved with the Insurance & Non-Fault claims & hire lifecycle, from enabling new reservations through to rental management. This is an exciting area of our business that, through leveraging technology and innovation, is essential to our profitability and growth.
The team are responsible for the delivery of highly visible IT Projects as well as the ongoing maintenance of several IT solutions. The solutions vary from user interfaces used to locate branches/repair facilities, provide data to our claims management teams or a cloud-based Web API that is used to support trading partners by offering system to system integration capabilities. This team and role will liaise with business partners across the UK, Ireland, France, Spain & Germany as well as collaborating closely with teams in North America to support Global IT Solutions.
About The Location
Our primary office location is in Egham. Occasionally, some meetings will be held on-site and require travel to the office at the employee’s expense. This is likely to be less than 10 times a year. At all other times, the employee can work remotely or in the office as they choose
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and monitors activities of project teams involved in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of IT initiatives within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Follows and promotes established project management methodologies, standards, processes and procedures; recommends modifications to enhance outcomes
- Collaborates with others across our organisation to define project scope and objectives; develops project work plans, project approaches, roadmaps, baselines, and tracking documents; controls project scope and budget; modifies work plans to reflect approved scope changes
- Coordinates all project SCRUM ceremonies as well as acting as the SCRUM Master
- Manages and tracks change requests. Anticipates and identifies project issues and risks; recommends solutions; works with senior management, stakeholders and project teams to implement solutions
- Creates status reports for project sponsors and IT end-users that include key indicators of project progress, risks, assumptions, impacts, dependencies and success criteria
- Conducts interim and post-project reviews; assesses the need for and recommends improvements for future projects
- Conducts periodic project issues/status meetings; documents and distributes results
- Protects our customers, our employees, and our brands by incorporating security and compliance in all decisions; ensures security policy and procedure requirements are met; continuously identifies opportunities for improving security and implements strategies to improve our security
- Experience working as Project Manager in an Application/Software Development field
- Recognised project management qualification, such as ESI Project Management Masters Certificate, - PMI - Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification, - Prince 2 Practitioner or equivalent is desirable
- Strong experience in Agile Project Management, Scrum/KanBan; Scrum Master Certification would be an advantage
Candidates must also have the following skills/competencies:
- A team player and able to motivate team members
- A capable relationship manager, decisive and strong negotiation skills
- Influences and gains consensus from peers and multiple departments/areas, while remaining open to others’ ideas and addresses concerns.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and adjusts behavior to the situation to maintain necessary working relationships in most work situations
- Results oriented, flexible, creative and problem solver
- Handles conflict and appropriately seeks guidance on more complex conflict situations
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction
Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in the recruitment process.
Hours: 40 per week